Florence PEATE's husband - Frederick Eli BAKER b1911 Stroud (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Thursday, September 21, 2017, 17:36 (2402 days ago) @ Jefff

Now searching FreeBMD for Frederick Baker, luckily again Eli is an unusual name (compared to say Edward etc), so we quickly find this helpful record;

Surname First name(s) Mother/Spouse/DoB District Vol Page
Deaths Mar 1970 (>99%)
BAKER Frederick Eli 12De1911 Gloucester C 7b 1359

So his Birth date is believed to be 12 December 1911. A helpful record but sadly he's not going to be found in the 1911 Census taken just 9 months earlier. However knowing his birthdate means we can revisit FreeBMD. For Births after 1911 the FreeBMD records only gives the initials of second names, and there are several Frederick E Bakers listed, but knowing the date and place we can be fairly confident this record is our man. The big advantage with FreeBMD Birth records after 1911 is they also now include the mother's maiden name !

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page
Births Mar 1912 (>99%)
Baker Frederick E Chamberlain Stroud 6a 619

(Note: this record shows his birth was registered during the Jan/Feb/March quarter of 1912, it's entirely plausible he was actually born in late 1911 and they waited until after the busy Christmas time and maybe bad weather before going to register).

This record is confirmed by GlosBMD site;
Birth Details
Child Surname Child Forename Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
BAKER Frederick Eli CHAMBERLAIN 1911 Stroud Stroud, Stonehouse 21 13

Now trying to find a marriage of his parents, by searching the FreeBMD site for all Baker/Chamberlain marriages, I'm surprised to find this is not anything like as unusual a name combination as I thought it might be, and cannot find any obvious ones in our area.
???

HOWEVER I can use the same FreeBMD site to search for all births to these parents, especially in the Stroud area. There may be other siblings who were born before 1911, but for Baker/Chamberlain in Stroud district can find these, hopefully you may recognise some of the names ?.

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

Births Mar 1912 (>99%)
Baker Frederick E Chamberlain Stroud 6a 619

Births Dec 1912 (>99%)
Baker Annie E Chamberlain Stroud 6a 586

Births Dec 1913 (>99%)
BAKER Grace D M Chamberlain Stroud 6a 607

Births Mar 1916 (>99%)
Baker Albert R C Chamberlain Stroud 6a 554

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread