Oaklands Park: Women's Land Army hostel (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Sunday, October 22, 2017, 03:11 (2350 days ago) @ stephaniejr

Thank you, Mike, I hadn't come across this one. I have been searching newspapers using Find My Past.

I've used the BNA site extensively, it's good that you can subscribe for a short period for a fair payment. You can also use their search engine f-o-c, and hence get an idea of what's there and where/when, before actually signing-up, so with this prior-preparation can download scores of pages in just a few days subscription if funds are tight. Probably more relevant to you Stephanie, I've also used the BNA via a trial subscrition to the FMP site, and have found the FMP site doesn't actually give access to all the full coverage of newspapers as the main BNA site does, especially the more recent issues.
The BNA site's search engine is a classic case of "less gives more" results. If you feel you've not found the same articles that Mike found, and am wondering why not, then this old post may possibly help you, I do hope so.
Happy hunting.
http://forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=36876

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread