Henry Bernard HARTLAND 1891-1985 Newent -> IoW- prior thread (General)

by dbcaves@xtra.co.nz, Tuesday, December 05, 2017, 21:48 (2337 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi from New Zealand
Henry Bernard Hartland married Hilda George and their marriage was registered in the Dec Quarter of 1911.
Hilda George is my grandmother. Hilda was devastated when her son, Bernard Charles Hartland was taken away from her. She went to court and the court decision was that he would be given to his father's family. She mourned him all her life. We do not know the details of what happened in the marriage or why Bernard Charles was given to his father's family.
Hilda George was born on 10th Oct 1892 in Leeds, Yorkshire, England. She was the daughter of Thomas George born 1860 (a florist) & Martha A Holmes. In 1901 he lived in Anglesea Street, Leeds and was a florist/gardener.
The George family had three children, Maud Mary 1886, Percival 1888 (Possibly died in WW1) and Hilda 1892 - 1973.

Hilda Hartland married my grandfather Albert McCormack Nalder 1891 - 1986 on 18th March 1916 in Dover, Kent. Albert had been born in New Zealand, but worked his passage to England in WW1 and served in the Royal Navy in the Dover Patrol. Hilda & Albert's first child Mavis Joan Nalder was born in 1917 in Dover. At the end of the war Hilda & Albert returned to New Zealand and lived in and around Nelson. They had two more children Marthe Lauraine Nalder 1920 - 2015 & my father Thomas Percival Nalder 1921 - 1990.

We have photos of Hilda and her family, half brother and sisters to Bernard Charles Hartland.

I would be happy to correspond with you if there is any way you could supply me with a contact address.

Dale Caves (Nee Nalder)
New Zealand.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread