Your Guidelines, Terms & Conditons, Copyright, Privacy etc. (General)

by rsligi @, Monday, January 01, 2018, 17:49 (2279 days ago) @ admin

Eh-ummm, No criticism of this site was intended in any way. My previous reply was to the general question asked by* Gillymot" and related to a previous experience on another genealogy web site and in no way reflects on this site. It was the unique spelling of a surname that led to the problem and I would add that due to this I have had issues with a large banks credit card a few years ago where they upgraded my card and without informing me posted it out, it was intercepted at their post out and the new pin was intercepted a few days later in the same way and someone had a weekend away with it before my statement arrived. How simple was that for an inside job!!! I was not informed how but whilst sorting it out the card company operative inadvertently left the phone line open and I could hear the conversation at the other end,

In no way was I implying this site is lacking the security required but ALL persons researching or giving information ref genealogy have to appreciate the risks involved.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread