Inscription on tablet in Westbury on Severn church. (General)

by mjcrowley @, Thursday, February 22, 2018, 14:18 (2249 days ago) @ essjay

Thank you so much for that information. So it would appear to be an error in the Bigland transcriptions.

I have the transcription of Richard's will from this site, and the image of his will from Ancestry. I also have the transcription of John's will,and the final administration of his will, but this does not appear on Ancestry.
I have just looked at the British Listed Building website and found the memorial on there, thank you.

I am descended from Phoebe's brother Richard - I think. My 3 x great grandfather was Selwyn Plaisted born ~1806 in Dinham near Shirenewton, Monmouthshire. But I cannot prove he was the son of Richard junior. However, I do have a lot of circumstantial evidence including a DNA match between my mother and a descendant of Richard junior by his second wife.

Did you know that there is more than one link between Selwyns and Playsteds (Plaisted/Playstead). Richard Plaisted (1746 - 1809) has a brother John and a sister Mary. Mary Plaisted marries John Selwyn in 1771. Six months later, Richard Plaistead (brother of Mary) marries Rachel Selwyn (sister of John). Mary and John Selwyn are witnesses to Richard and Rachel's wedding. I think it must be very likely that your Selwyn Plaisted is descended from Richard Plaisted.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread