Louisa Robins of Aylburton (General)

by pclark @, Tuesday, March 06, 2018, 22:23 (2214 days ago)

Hi Aii,

So I have a mystery for you all. My Great Grandfathers sister Louisa Robins born 1852 in Aylburton

. She trots off to London and marries a chap called Henry Huggins in 1871. In 1876 Frances Lottie Amanda Louisa Huggins is born. They are all together in 1881, but by 1885 the marriage goes south and they are divorced, the divorce is in ancestry(worth a read). Now I track her to 134 newington causeway in 1885/6/7 via London tax records. Frances the daughter comes back to Aylburton to live in 1891 with her grandmother, cousins and aunts in one very crowded house. Louisa appears as Louisa Stuart in 1891 with a son Stanley and by 1901 a daughter Jessie. Stanley appears on school admission records and the address matches the 1901 census and gives a potential father(no marriage), by 1911 Louisa appears with kids in tow but as Louisa Huggins not Stuart. This where the trail goes cold on the three of them. Now Frances marries James Lauder Lord Bs estate steward. She sees her days out up bream road in the house called Appleby( the last black and white one going out of Lydney towards bream), passing away in 1961 after being looked after by her daughter “Nan Lauder”. So if you genealogists fancy a challenge, do you have an idea where Louisa, Stanley and Jessie end up?.

Br

Pete

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread