French and Bullock - updated thread (General)

by Mai, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 00:24 (2206 days ago)

I have got myself into a muddle while looking for my French ancestors and wonder if someone has pointers to help me where I have gone wrong. If this forum is not correct for this query then please let me know.

Charles Bullock of WOS married Mary Ann French (full age) on 26 May 1856 Newham. The wedding information shows Mary Ann's father as John French.

I did pay a researcher to help and she located in 1841 a Mary French age 35 living with William French 15, Mary French 8 (My Mary?) and Thomas French 2. They are living with a Charles Cooper, widower with 3 children.

In 1851 and 1861 she has children named French and Cooper and records show she married Charles Cooper in 1844.

My problem is finding the parents of Mary (Ann) French who in 1841 is 8 - born 1806 (?)

For some reason and I cannot find my notes that explain why - I have recorded the parents of Mary Ann French as Joseph French and Ann Bodey - obviously this is not correct? as her marriage certificate says her father is John.

I'm not sure how to progress. Do I take it that her father is definitely John, and in the absence of my notes as to why I thought it was Joseph - just forget about Joseph.

I know it sounds odd but I am usually so careful at checking before I put people in my tree that I am loath to just tip out Joseph and Ann and yet it seems I have to do this and concentrate on John.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread