Part 3 ... (General)

by sophiewilliams @, Sunday, March 18, 2018, 20:04 (2231 days ago) @ sophiewilliams

Having trouble with posting all of this message sorry ...

Alice then went on to marry a David Waters in 1917. I've connected, through Ancestry, with David's family through matches we've had but we don't match up through Ancestry DNA matches - so this rules out Alice getting pregnant with David's child before they married which is what we always thought.

Ada was 16 when her half sister Kathleen was born and we have wondered if Kath was actually Ada's child which would be interesting and Alice covered for her so to speak. Very conveniently Kathleen doesn't have a birth certificate and Alice apparently gave birth to her on her own at Hole-in-the-Wall. Very suspicious and mum says it just wasn't talked about when she was a little girl, Kath told my mum she knew she was illigitimate and that her father was from the Forest. Just as a sidenote, George was from Aston Ingham and David from Dancing Green, very close/just in forest but his parents were originally from Jarrow!

I'm still holding out that one day a DNA match will appear that leads me to my great grandfather's family.

In the meantime, this might ring a bell with someone out there.

Thanks for reading!

Sophie

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread