Harley/Roberts family from Ruardean, Cinderford & Fleur-de-l (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Monday, March 19, 2018, 14:14 (2202 days ago) @ probinson

There's a list of those who died at Aberfan at https://www.aberfan-remembered.net/people-who-died/

Hi PR,
thanks for this, and so drawing my attention to the fact I clearly didn't post all I thought I had last night. I don't understand what happened, I saw this impressive site last night and definitely posted a link to it into my original post. On returning to the forum today I now see my post is "locked", which sometimes happens if too many links are posted, or too often, in one hit. I know I did keep adding to my post last night while researching, and every time tried to be extra careful to not upset the spam rules etc, and genuinely thought I had managed to post all I wanted to without any hint of trouble. All the time I was compliling my post offline on a word-doc, as I know sometimes the forum input screens can inadvertantly lose one's text and possobly "live" research data. When I finished posting last night I had no idea the post was "locked", if I had I'd have reported same to Admin. My post was lengthy, but it appeared to be accepted by the forum site, and I finished believing I'd done a decent job. I also, perhaps foolishly, then deleted my word document as believed I no longer needed the safety backup.

Now it seems my post doesn't contain all I thought it did, and I really cannot understand why, all very odd and very frustrating.

Apologies to Admin, and anyone else affected by this unfortunate and regrettable situation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread