Harley/Roberts family from Ruardean, Cinderford & Fleur-de-l (General)

by HalkyardT, Monday, March 19, 2018, 18:44 (2224 days ago) @ HalkyardT

Many thanks for all your info given. Got a lot to work through.
Jeff you asked for more info, here's what i have:

Emily Elizabeth Roberts b) 28/07/1890 east dean d) 1980 Newport district.. possibly the 6th child of Thomas Roberts b) 1851 & Emily Gladwin. b) c1854.
Emily was married to Thomas Harley & i have a son Ron A. C. Harley b) 9/11/1935 Bedwelty
d) 1988 Newport District.

Last night i was looking through some photos my mam gave me of Leonard St & Francis St, Fleur-de-lis. Among them were some scraps of paper with the following written:

2 little girls called Harley, were burnt to death in an house fire on Francis st, possibly 1975. The grandfather of the 2 girls was a Reg Holdridge who used to live on Leonard st.

There was a Gilbert & Ronnie Harley who lived on Leonard st.

There was a lady mentioned called Halton who was a caretaker. She moved to London but was murdered in London whilst posting a letter back home. She had a sister called Alice.

One scrap had on it 'Harley Emily caretaker murdered'???

& one had: 25 or 26 march 1909 Edward George Leonard Roberts.....Ginny Roberts....Leonard St., burnt in fire half of family .???
This one is confusing as my grandad is Leonard Edward George Roberts b) 25/03/1911 in Castleford, west yorkshire (He is the son of Leonard Eli Roberts b) 1884 East dean who moved to castleford with his wife Selina Jane (nee) Hart b) 1883) also Selina used to be known as 'Ginny'.

This is getting more & more confusing or interesting, think i need to hone into my inner Miss Marples.
Thankyou for your help
Tracy x

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread