WW1 SAUNDERS family soldiers, Lydney; help please ? (General)

by finbar @, Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 18:21 (2206 days ago) @ Jefff

Hi Jeff, Pauline Anne,

I’ve been following the saunders of Lydney for more than 30 years!! I, like you once thought that they were all connected but if they are then it’s prior to 1700. I have Robert Saunders and Jane Davies which are the first recorded at St Mary’s Lydney (the ancestors of Victor John). We have another family in Blakeney which originated in Portsmouth. We have the family of John James Palmer Saunders who are in Littledean with no link yet back to Lydney ( this is the family of Albert, Arthur and Charles). I even have a family in Oldcroft in 1720 that I can’t link back to Robert in Lydney.
There are Saunders / Sanders all around Awre / Goodrich / Chepstow from 1500 so they are here to be found. Unfortunately I can’t find the link yet.
I have 2 Robert Saunders one married Christian keddick and died in 1770 in Blakeney, on his gravestone it says “of Hayfield “?? And one died 1768 in Lydney married Jane Davies. Both born around 1720. But I can only find one birth record in Awre....but which one is it for??
If I can take Robert back another generation that may be the key to linking the “TinPlate Gang”.

Martin

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread