Free access now to 1939 Register on Ancestry. (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Monday, May 14, 2018, 20:09 (2167 days ago) @ probinson

Yes thanks Mike, very helpful. Hopefully you all enjoyed this access, I found it very interesting and helpful, especially AFTER I'd worked out the rather odd location results I was getting for some of my wife's tree was because the children had been evacuated far away from their homes in London's docklands !

However I do have one frustration related to how the National Archives decide which records are closed, or not. I was initially confused as to why my father's record was closed, and also one of my mum's brothers, despite them both having passed away at least 10 years ago, not as recently as some of their siblings who WERE visible.
I then realised it's (presumably) because the wives of my father and my uncle are still alive, and the records are closed for privacy reasons. Which seems odd as maybe they woudl like to see what their beloved partners were upto before they were married, I know my mum would ?. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this sort of "anomaly" ?.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread