Noah Cutter (General)

by Chrisem, Sunday, August 19, 2018, 15:22 (2076 days ago) @ shepway

Hi I've been looking at this again. Selina would have been only 16 in 1843 - would this have been a normal age to marry then? Maybe she was pregnant. I think she must have been living with James at the time of the 1841 census as she would have been only 14. I assume that is why Sarah was there on the date that the census was taken in 1841. I now have her death certificate which shows she died in 1863 and is the widow of John Robbins and is buried in Penallt. Ive been looking for James Robbins as per the 1841 census so will now resume with John!

We went to St Briavels last week. They have an alphabetical list of burials together with the corresponding plot number on a map. We were able to identify a Cutter grave but couldn't read it as had been obliterated with the passage of time. I need to contact the church again to find out if they have a list of who is in the graves. There were Gough graves there too.

I need to look at the 1851 and 1861 census to see if I can find out more about where the Cutters lived and Sarah Robbins.

Thanks so much for your help so far
Warm regards
Chris

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread