Descendants of the Turnbull family of Sparrow Hill, Coleford (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, September 28, 2018, 01:13 (2009 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Hi Roger,
great history there, what an interesting life your father must have had !
Do you know anything more about his gas-proof battledress ?. I think it was in the excellent Spike Milligan war biographies that I first read about the anti-gas treatment that was apparently applied to British Army WW2 uniforms. This confused and intrigued me as I couldnt understand what the stuff did, until a few years later during my own career I asked about it with reference to the NBC kit our company produced for the Army's tanks and tracked carriers and it began to make sense.

A shame that with all the UK's past prowess in science and engineering in my opinion the BBC and it's website are something of a laughing stock nowadays, which I think is why they've made it virtually impossible to send them feedback as you found !.

Take care, Jeff

PS oops, by NBC I meant Nuclear/Biological/Chemical as in dirty warfare, and not as in US tv news etc !. For our firm this meant the intake/extract fans and associated filtration devices for crew ventilation when "closed-down" against these attacks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread