St Briavels record ID 181854 ref EDWARDS/WILLIAMS marriage (General)

by rsligi @, Friday, January 04, 2019, 16:28 (1930 days ago)

I am trying to close a link to Hannah WILLIAMS, bap Dec1817 St B, daughter of Richard (1774ish but not traced his origins) WILLIAMS and Hannah WILLIAMS ( possible nee PEAD bap 1773 Lydney 2nd base child, mothers surname expanded to Susanna so probably was Hannah> PEAD )

I have Hannah WILLIAMS 1817 as marrying George EDWARDS in 1840 at St B and on that record 181854 Hannahs father Richard WILLIAMS occupation is illegible. I think from all other names etc on this record that Richard WILLIAMS was a Hoopmaker. It is listed on all Hannahs siblings as a Hoopmaker.

I have ongoing research with others sorting through the many separate/possibly related/incomers WILLIAMS in St B and maybe by elimination we can eventually separate some of the WILLIAMS into their families.

To see if the "illegible" occupation could have been Hoopmaker would clear up so many lines of research for several of us.

We have a record (amongst others just outside The Forest) of a Hannah/Anna WILIAMS from St B marrying a John Roberts in Skenfrith in around 1835, this Hannah/Anna all her records dates do not tally and to separate this Hannah at Skenfrith from Hannah in record 181854 would help conclude a long possibly dead end research project.

Any help appreciated and I will pass it on to the others to save separate postings.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread