Finding the roots of Henry Whitson (General)

by peterwhitson68, Saturday, January 05, 2019, 21:50 (1909 days ago)

My name is Peter Whitson. I started investigating my Whitson roots in the mid-1990s. I have found that my 8th great grandfather Henry Whitson (d. 1669, Huntington, Colony of New York in what was to be the United States)is said to have been born in England. To date no one has been able to determine where in that country. To assist in finding our roots I have been genetically tested (Y-DNA test) and have found that my terminal single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) is R-S23139.
With this note I seek male Whitsons who have a oral/written history of descending from the Whitson family from The Forest of Dean who may have been the roots for both John and Christopher Whitson who were both High Sheriff and Mayor of Bristol and whose biographies suggest west Gloucestershire origin. Ideally, I would find a male Whitson who has taken a similar Y-DNA test and compare results. If I can find a Male Whitson without testing whose family history suggests Forest of Dean area origin (Newland/Coalfield region) I would entertain paying to have that individual's Y-DNA evaluated.
Thanks for your attention. I look forward to any and all replies to this message.

Pete Whitson
Taylors, South Carolina
USA

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread