Dean Forest Mercury and the BNA (General)

by Mike Pinchin @, Bedford, England, Friday, March 08, 2019, 22:50 (1847 days ago)

Some time ago I inquired of the British Newspaper Archive whether they had any plans to add the Dean Forest Mercury or related titles to the Archive. The answer came back that there were no such plans.

I don’t quite know why I didn’t notice this before but they do offer a facility whereby it is possible to vote for publications to be considered for inclusion. The Mercury appears in the current list of candidates but occupies a fairly lowly place. It struck me that Forum users (if they have not already done so) might like to add their votes to try and advance the cause.

https://help-and-advice.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/forums/243704-newspwe-should-add-...

It does not appear to be necessary to be registered with the BNA to vote. The price of voting seems to be the supply of an email address which they will no doubt use to promote their wares.

We should bear in mind that even if they wanted to image this publication there might be copyright hurdles to overcome.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread