Yer Tiz, Park Hill, Whitecroft (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Saturday, March 16, 2019, 15:36 (1867 days ago) @ Mike Pinchin

The property is shown on this map from the Lloyd George Survey of 1909. I’m assuming it’s the one with B.S. marked in the garden. Unfortunately the hereditament number is difficult to read. It is certainly 229? and possibly 2294.

Good work Mike.
As you say very hard indeed to read the full number, I can't make-out any hint of the last digit !.
But yes I think it's quite likely to be 2294 on the basis:

2295 appears to be the much smaller property on the corner plot next door along the road.

2296 is the neighbouring long plot to the south, with I think 2297? and definitely 2298 below that.

The small square building # midway along our northern boundary is virtually unreadable - logic tells me it should be 229? but to me it looks more like 228?,maybe 2286 or 2288 ?? - which really throws a spanner in my thinking !.

The larger plot to the north of ours def appears to be 2291.

However, I cannot see 2293 ?? And try as I might, the last digit of the small square property # doesn't look like a 3 to me... ?

So yes Yertiz could well be 2294, but as you say it's not certain.
(I seem to have spent most of my life trying to read the awkward/worn edges of maps... - living "life on the edge", haha)

Hope this helps ?!?.
J

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread