Peter NASH born 1874 (General)

by Clements Tump @, Lowestoft, Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 15:35 (1801 days ago) @ Jefff

Thanks for the effort.
I am glad that I was not the only one not to find the 2 other children from the 7 births in the 1911 census.
Maybe the PREECE in the 1901 census is a coincidence or maybe Peter NASH had a liaison with a PREECE sister, hence the NASH-PREECE registration. However, it appears Mary Elizabeth NASH was prepared to be part of this 'arrangement'.

As an aside, I tend to initially use the free birth & death GRO indexes as it helps to pick up the out of area births and deaths, and it also allows you to add the mother's name to pre-1911 births, which FreeBMD does not.
Although GlosBMD is free, the indexing seems to be different to GRO, for example:
Thomas NASH (my great-grandfather) born in 1855:
GRO Monmouth vol 11a p26 mother's name JONES
GlosBMD mother's former name Jones Forest of Dean district Monmouth, Coleford office Register 11 Entry 169
As I am certain about the degree of access to other counties' registrations, I use the GRO vol/page classification as it provides standardisation through the country.
In my genealogical voyage of discovery I will add GlosBMD to FreeBMD, GRO and FamilySearch (useful where relatives emigrated to North America) before I have to resort to the somewhat expensive subscription genealogy websites, although the latter are useful for finding info overseas and actual copies of baptisms, marriages and burials. There does not seem to be the equivalent for cremations.
Thanks again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread