Tom TAYLOR born Alvington abt 1873 (General)

by Valx, Sunday, April 28, 2019, 10:26 (1787 days ago)

Hi
I hope someone can help point me to possible records/sources to identify this person, shown as a scholar in the 1881 census.

I have Eliza Ann Taylor born 8 Sep 1870 in Falfield, Glos although in all census records the estimate is 1871. I was able to confirm her dob from the 1939 register under her married name of Leonard. Daughter of William Taylor (his father Thomas) and Eliza Taylor (nee Taylor - confusingly- her parents James and Ann).

In the 1881 census, she is shown as a boarder at 49 Salter St, Berkley, Thornbury, Glos in a household consisting of a single woman Louise Coupland, 48, born Bristol, school mistress, and her cousin also born in Bristol, 49, assistant, plus a 6 other children aged 8-11. Presumably this address was a school?

What interested me was whether Tom Taylor was related in any way to Eliza Ann Taylor, but I haven't seen any other census entry for a Tom born in Alvington and I haven't been able to establish who his parents were. However I have been looking at transcriptions not originals so possibly Alvington does appear on originals but is shown as Gloucestershire on the transcripts?

Thanks.
Val

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread