Waterloo Pit Exhibition at Hopewell Colliery: Sunday 30 June (Announce)

by steven.carter48@btinternet.com, Thursday, June 13, 2019, 21:09 (1771 days ago)

Hi, Hopewell Colliery is hosting my free one-day-only exhibition about Waterloo Colliery, where my grandfather worked. It might be of interest to anyone with ancestors who worked at Waterloo or any Forest Mine. Drop by if you're interested and have a chat. I am very interested to hear about anyone who worked there, names, any memories, family stories, memorabilia and of course any photos; or just a general interest in coal mining and the Forest of Dean. Any time between 10.30 am and 4.00 pm. Steven.

Remembering the Waterloo Colliery
(aka the Arthur and Edward, Upper Lydbrook)
On Sunday 30th June 2019

To mark the 70th anniversary of Waterloo’s 1949 flooding, Hopewell Colliery is hosting a free exhibition of old photographs and maps of the Waterloo Colliery, one the Forest’s deep mines. I have gathered this collection of over thirty photographs showing the colliery buildings, the Waterloo Creeper, workers, scenes from the 1949 rescue, some underground maps and a detailed site plan.

Drop by at any time from 10.30 am until 4.00 pm. Memories or old photos especially welcome.
Entrance to the exhibition is free. Refreshments available at the Hopewell Café.

For directions and amenities, see Hopewell’s website: http://www.hopewellcolliery.com/index.html.

We look forward to seeing you. Steven Carter.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread