William WILLIAMS ST Briavels 1810 (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Wednesday, July 03, 2019, 14:22 (1749 days ago) @ jhopkins

Hi JH,
yes you're correct, after spotting my typo error some hours after posting it I did consider editing my spelling of Worgan. However rest assured I did search Worgan and not Wargan in the BNA site, in fact I've just repeated both to be certain, the end results were much the same and I found nothing that seemed even slightly relevant. I didn't edit the post because I suspected there may be relevant records that also spelt the name that way, and suspected that might be why Steve had made the same typo. In the past this forum's seen similar Worgan/Wargen etc spelling variations when discussing the same family, just as sometimes Hopkin and Hopkins are seen, but thanks for mentioning it.

Re your recollection of a link between Hopkins & Williams, I've searched this forum's prior posts and the first hit was this, perhaps the same one you recall and which seems a good match for this thread too, but as you say with these families being such prominent names in the locality it's not surprise there are links, I'm sure there will be others too;

https://forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=50029

which mentions this PR.

Record_ID: 96170
Entry_Number: 57
Year: 1784
Month: Nov
Day: 4
Grooms_Surname: WILLIAMS
Grooms_Forenames: William
Grooms_Age:
Groom_Condition: Batchelor[sic]
Grooms_Occupation:
Grooms_Residence: Hewelsfield
Grooms_Fathers_Surname:
Grooms_Fathers_Forenames:
Grooms_Fathers_Occupation:
Brides_Surname: HOPKIN
Brides_Forenames: Philippia
Brides_Age:
Brides_Condition: Spinster
Brides_Occupation:
Brides_Residence: Hewelsfield
Brides_Fathers_Surname:
Brides_Fathers_Forenames:
Brides_Fathers_Occupation:
Licence_or_Banns: Banns
Date_of_Banns: 1784 Oct 10 17 & 24
Signature_or_Mark: Both mark
Witness_1: Warren Hopkin
Witness_2: Mark Hopkin
Other_Witnesses:
Officiating_Minister: Thomas Edmunds Curate
Event: Marriage
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P175 IN 1/3
Page_Number:
Parish_Chapel: Hewelsfield
Soundex_Groom: W452
Soundex_Bride: H125

However it must be remembered the database has 32PRs for "William Williams Hewelsfield", including 21 Baptisms !

Thanks, J.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread