John Rees death 1841 (General)

by Marj Rees, Thursday, August 01, 2019, 18:54 (1737 days ago) @ DENISE REES

Hi,
My name is Marj Rees. I am the Great Grand Daughter of George Rees, Your G-Grandfather`s brother
Over the years I have researched the Rees family and became stumped trying to trace John Rees. I`d like to thank you for enlightening me how Margaret was able to raise her sons and enable them to do so well in their own lives.
I had looked at the 1851 census and couldn`t figure out how someone classed as a pauper could feed and clothe her family let alone afford to educate them! I agree with you, she must have been a formidable woman! I think there`s a trace of her strong personality still running through the Rees Clan!!.
I`m glad you know about John`s bankruptcy. I don`t know if you`ve joined the British Newspaper Archive Site. There`s quite a few references to the family over the years. I even found one where Thomas found a woman whose husband had killed her and he gave evidence in court!!
I haven`t been on site for a while, but I`m thinking of starting again when the 1921 census is released so if I find any info. I`ll let you know.I have an Ancestry site as well.
Marjx

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread