Lottie WILKS / DAVIES, 1939 Register (General)

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 17:17 (1624 days ago) @ RogerrGriffiths

Hi Roger,
you're very welcome, really not a problem at any time, just wish I'd been more helpful.
Sorry for posting the wrong 1939 household yesterday, I did wonder how I'd found it so easily yet you'd struggled !
I thought maybe it was just potluck, plus maybe the various websites having had their search engines' tweaked - I often find I struggle to find someone again who I know I'd seen previously but not filed correctly.

In fact and before I looked into the 1939 Register yesterday, I initially wrote a post asking you to clarify the exact name of the person you were looking-for, when you wrote

"1911 census. 20, Partridge Road, Llwynpia, Tony Pandy, Glamorgan as boarder and coal hewer, age 30, should have been 33 or 34, marked as English. Not found in 1939."

But on revisiting the thread I decided, based on your very first post in 2013 and subsequent chat abt Frank and Lottie, that this was the right Frank who you were still searching on the 1939 Register, hence my post to that yesterday. But yes I can now see why it would be very odd that none of you knew about any cousins etc, so sorry about that.

I'll be quite honest I'm very confused now. You mention a Frank from Mitcheldean, I'm sorry but that's thrown me, I'm hoping that was an error and you were thinking Ruardean while typing Mitcheldean ?

On the subject of errors, yes sorry it was of course JAMES who you said fibbed about his age, not Frank, I was rushing a little to recap the old thread. However I still think my 1939 household deserves serious consideration, seeing as it includes Lottie b1897 which seems a good match, unless of course you've found there were a few ladies of this same name and age in the area ??

Take care, Jeff.

PS all is definitely not lost, as today I've discovered there's a Bradley Hill at Soudley, whereas I've always associated that placename to the one twixt Mitcheldean and Longhope, so thankyou sir !

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread