Marriage records for Cinderford Baptist Chapel (General)

by cmfenton @, Ferndown, Dorset, Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 18:44 (1606 days ago) @ probinson

It could be that the situation at Cinderford Baptist Chapel was the same as was the case on Ruardean Hill when my parents were married there.
The Ruardean Hill Baptist Chapel was not registered for marriages at the time and marriages there were done in the presence of the local registrar as well as the local minister.
My parents marriage is recorded in the Gloucestershire BMD database as taking place at the "Registry Office" which is not strictly accurate but expalins why it does not appear in the Parish Records.
The marriage certificate is headed:
Marriage Solemnised at the Baptist Chapel Ruardean Hill East Dean
and subsequently reads:
"Married in the Baptist Chapel according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Baptists by Licence by me, E Webb Deputy Registar" (Also signed by T M Timpany. Minister)
and
"I, E Webb Deputy Registrar for the District of Drybrook in the County of Gloucester do hereby certify that this is a true copy of the Entry no 43 in the Register Book of Marriages for the said District and that such Register Book is now leaglly in my custody"

Hope this helps,

-Colin

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread