Pyge Meek, Harrow Hill, Drybrook (General)

by HarryBrook @, Sunday, March 08, 2020, 10:54 (1503 days ago) @ Brian Meek

Hi Brian,

I can fill you in on Pyge Meek. He was Cecil Frank Meek and lived at Dean View, Harry Hill (now Larksfield Road, Harrow Hill).

Pyge died in 1994 and was buried at Holy Trinity Churchyard (Forest Church), Harrow Hill, in the extension part to the west of the church. He has a memorial in the form of a flat slab which reads:- IN / LOVING MEMORY / OF / CECIL FRANK / MEEK / BORN 29 - 9 - 1921 / DIED 7 - 7 - 1994 / R.I.P.

He was the son of Frank Henry Meek (1890 - 1963) and Beatrice Jane Meek (formerly Loade) (1894 - 1967). They were both buried at Forest Church but do not appear to have a grave memorial.

Regards,
Eric Nicholls

Edit to add: If you look in the Photo Gallery, under Drybrook, there is a photo of Larksfield Road which I submitted many years ago. The houses from the right are - Hill View (with the woman looking over the gate), then High View, and then Dean View. The next one, with what appears to be a wooden constructed extension to the front, was the shop. It is called Glenderry but it was not named that in the 1950's. It was last operated as a shop by Iris Meek, wife of Fred.

Further Edit: He also had a sister Olive Beatrice born 1918 died 1934.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread