Harry William WILLIAMS born in London about 1894 (Urgent)

by MARTINDWIL, Sunday, December 24, 2023, 10:37 (126 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thank you for sharing this. I agree that they might not be the right couple.

I’ve tracked down a certificate which shows Isabel's birthday as 27th January 1877 (making her 17 when Harry was born). Her mother was Elizabeth Statham and there is no father. I think Isabel was born in St Faith’s workhouse, Norwich.

Another problem is Henry’s occupation. On Harry’s birth certificate it is recorded as Railway Engine Driver not Fireman.

I’ve tried searching for Harry’s baptism on FreeReg but only one Harry William Williams comes up and he was baptised in 1871.

With regards to census records Harry first appears in 1901. He is 7 years old and the adopted son of Joseph (62) and Ann Parker (58). They live in Harry Hill and the household includes two grandchildren; Allen (16) and Frank Parker (14).

In 1911 Harry is 17 and lives in Harry Hill with Ann and Frank Parker. He works at Crump Meadows colliery. In 1921 Harry is 27 and lives in Ivy House, Harry Hill with his wife Daisy (28). He works for the Harrow Hill Colliery Company.

In 1901, 1911 & 1921 Harry’s birth place is recorded as London and his birth year as 1894.

There’s a lot to process so I’m going to take a break over Christmas and start fresh in the New Year. Have a great festive season and thanks again for your help.

Ps I'm awaiting the results of a DNA test.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread