ENSOR London -> Cinderford & Lydney (General)

by ClareF @, Rhos Pontardawe Swansea, Tuesday, March 26, 2024, 18:20 (32 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi there, I found this post by sheer luck. I am Clare Francis from Neath in Wales but my great grandmother was Amelia Ensor born in Yorkley married to John Beaven. Her mother was Emma Ensor nee Price married to Benjamin Ensor and then it goes back to Joseph and Hannah Ensor. I have a copy of Amelia’s birth certificate and actual death certificate. Amelia and John had several children, one of them was my grandfather Rolfe Beaven born in Lydney. What is strange is that I have been in Bream near Lydney for the weekend and found the two houses the family lived in and the church they attended on Aylburton common. I believe we are distant cousins. Thank you for all the other names of what would be my great uncles, aunts etc as I had no idea they existed. I have tried to go back further than Joseph Ensor but have hit a dead end. My mother was Nora Ensor Francis Nee Beaven,her brother Donald Ensor Beaven and I have a cousin Marjorie in Canada with the middle name Ensor, the only Ensor left. I have been through Westbury on Severn, Lydney etc but I have been unable to find any graves. Thank you so much for this information. My Grandfather’s family moved to Clyne in the Neath valley as they were tin workers by the way and they named their house Dean Villa which after their day was bought by my cousin from the other side of my family. Best wishes Clare.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread