Vaughan Family Ruardean (General)

by Barbara Lloyd @, Tuesday, January 15, 2008, 09:28 (5947 days ago) @ shepway

Under the Burials part 2 there is a William Henry Vaughan

William Henry Vaughan died 20th April 1859 age 35 - a sudden death. In the 1841 Census there is an entry for a William Henry Vaughan as a patient in Bristol Infirmary, he was age 15 at the time.

William had married Mary Ann Owen from Caldecott. They had 3 Children
Mary Ann, Sarah Ann and William Henry Vaughan. Mary Ann remarried one Alfred Nicholas and had more Children and in time moved back to Cinderford. Some of these children also emigrated to America.

William Henry Vaughan was my Great Grandfather, he married Julia Hewlett daughter of Samuel Hewlett of Bradley Hill, and they went to America. Julia stayed in America and we are still looking and trying to trace her movements. I have identified her daughter Jewel's marriage to one Burrell Frazier.

William Henry returned to England and re-marries Eva Jones and we pick the family up again in the 1901 Census. One William and Julia's children born in Illionis was Fanny Louisa Vaughan she married my Grandfather Frank Burt from Somerset.

and I could go on.

So much information and so much more to find out. So if anyone can fill in some gaps it would be much appreciated.

Barbara Lloyd

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread