Merry's of Mitcheldean / Westbury on Severn (General)

by bigchillca, Sunday, February 17, 2008, 20:27 (5914 days ago) @ gillwise

My name is Carole Merry McDowell and live in Canada. My father was Austin James Merry and emigrated to Canada at the age of 19 in 1929. He passed away in 1992. My grandfather was Allan Merry or Allen Merry. I have quite a bit of information on my grandmother Charlotte's family tree but nothing on the Merry family tree. Anything you can give me I would appreciate. My father had I think 5 brothers and one sister Dorothy, one of his brother's John married May ? and had a son Bernard. My father and mother visited Mitcheldean is 1969, also my sister and father visited I think around 1985 or 86 and also visited with Bernard. I gave up hope of getting information on Allen Merry my grandfather and haven't bothered with searching for several years now. My cousin Linda Ferris (her grandmother Amy was my grandmother's sister) and she provided a lot of information on my grandmother's side of the family. Hope you can help me. Thanks Carole (nee Merry) McDowell ps. I would like to have this information not only for my brother Austin Hugh Merry but my sister Noreen, I have one of my three children interested as well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread