Anyone going to Gloucester Record Office? (General)

by willow, Friday, September 02, 2005, 04:02 (6814 days ago)

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone is making a trip to the Record Office I would appreciate it if you could spare 15 mins of your time. I need a date of a will thats available there

Please

Anyone going to Gloucester Record Office?

by Eandka, Friday, September 02, 2005, 17:00 (6813 days ago) @ willow

Willow: Provided the will you want was dated before 1858, you could try the Genealogical Database at the Gls RO:

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1335

Copies are only 2 pounds each plus postage.

Eandka

by willow, Friday, September 02, 2005, 17:19 (6813 days ago) @ Eandka

Thanks for the link unfortunately I am certain the will is after 1881 and before 1901 and I am kicking myself for not writing the date down, I wrote the benefiaries and amounts, but now need to find the date, to enable me to search for the missing son.

Thanks anyway

by May @, Monday, September 05, 2005, 05:45 (6811 days ago) @ willow

In case no-one is going to Gloucester Record Office in the near future I thought this info might help if you live in the UK.

All record offices have a national index to post 1856 wills on fiche, arranged by date. I'm sorry I can't remember whether it is annual or quarterly. The detail will tell you where and when the will was proved and you can then write to that (probate) office for a copy. The last time I sent for a will this way the copy of the original document cost me £5.

RSS Feed of thread