Viney Hill Photos (General)

by chesterpiglet, Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 05:30 (5694 days ago)

Hi there
If anybody is interested/researching Viney Hill I have a photo album with over 100 photos of the Village/Villagers C1900 including a school photo with many of the names written on it.
It really is a fascinating album.
Regards Rob

Viney Hill Photos

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 06:26 (5694 days ago) @ chesterpiglet

Rob

It would be really nice if we could add the contents of the Album to our Photo Gallery.
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/joomla/photo-gallery

I have emailed you direct on the subject.

Viney Hill Photos

by Clairef, Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 08:40 (5694 days ago) @ chesterpiglet

Really would love to see any photos of the James family from Viney Hill.

Claire

Viney Hill Photos

by chesterpiglet, Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 08:53 (5694 days ago) @ Clairef

Hi Claire
Most of the photos are of the Long family and just labelled with christian names etc.However in the school picture which was taken in 1901 there is a Sidney James and obligingly he is on the end of the row and identifiable!
I can see I have opened a can of worms here as I have had loads of emails so far.What I will do is collate all the names I can find in the book and post it on here later.If you want copies of pictures afterwards let me know and I'll forward them to you when I can.I have offered the book to your site for copying.I am in the Antiques Trade and the book is part of my stock....but it is interesting to trace family trees etc and I am more than happy to help if I can.I once had a 19thC school diary for a tiny hamlet in Cambridgeshire,the information contained within was invaluable to the local Historian who bought it from me.
Regards Rob

Viney Hill Photos

by chesterpiglet, Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:57 (5694 days ago) @ chesterpiglet

Hi all
Here is a rough list of the best of the album.Many are just photos of mainly family members and are of Viney Hill unless stated.Long family house,Long's Coffee rooms,Schools,View of Blakeney from Viney(photographers bedroom),View of Lower Viney & Quarries,Wilk Farm,Fretherne Church,The Orchard,Darrell Arms Hotel Framilode,Wedding Breakfast Gandy's,Wedding presents Guppy's,Severn Salmon 49lb(my favourite photo),Regatta 1898,Original Coffee Rooms,Top of Viney(Church & Vicarage),The Hock Cliffs,1st Viney Flower show 1901,21st Birthday photo,School photo dated 1901 names include Maskey,Vines,Cox,Beddis,Norris,Biddington, Cooke,Saunders,Childs,Morris,Elleray,Phillips, Howell,Turner,Halford,James,Adams,Johnson,Morgan,
Partridge,Smith,Webb,Morse,Griffiths,Devereaux,Howell. Next photo-Jadborough on the job.Cooke and family butchers(my next favourite photo).I also have 2 copies of the parish magazines for 1907/8 for Coaley,Framilode,Frampton,Fretherne,Lower Cam,North Nibley,Saul,Slymbridge and Uley.There are also quite a few un labelled photos at the back of the album,eg schools etc.
Regards Rob

Viney Hill Photos

by Clairef, Thursday, September 18, 2008, 08:27 (5693 days ago) @ chesterpiglet

What a gold mine! It would be lovely if the photos could be put on the site.

Claire

Viney Hill Photos

by chesterpiglet, Thursday, July 30, 2009, 10:42 (5378 days ago) @ chesterpiglet

Hello all
Some while ago I was chatting to some members on this site regarding a Photo Album containing photos of Viney Hill and Framilode.

I,together with the album are in Central France and the album is now for sale.I would prefer to keep it complete but realise you may just want one particular photo.I roughly described the contents in a Forum post at the time.

If there is no interest from this post I will put it on Ebay next week.

I hope this is OK but I thought it best to offer the album on here 1st.

Many thanks

Regards Rob

Viney Hill School 1901

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 23:20 (5687 days ago) @ chesterpiglet

Added o the Photo Gallery

Viney Hill School Class 1901
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/viney_hill_school/

Further details

Viney Hill School 1901

by JSannwald @, Sunday, October 26, 2008, 07:13 (5655 days ago) @ admin

Thankyou for the school photo. It is fantastic to find a photo like this.
I believe Miss A Adams is my gg aunt ( my grandfather Albert 's half sister) .

Jackie S

Viney Hill Photos

by Marie, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 15:11 (1863 days ago) @ chesterpiglet

Hi - I'd be really interested. My Great grandmother Alice Partridge born in 1896 may have attended a school in Viney Hill. I have found just a few records for her on ancestry.com (marriage, death)and I'd love to find some photo's. Not sure what year to look for? Unfortunately Alice died when she was 40. Her mother was Sarah Hill and father Richard Partridge. Any help appreciated. I realise no one has posted here for 11 years!

RSS Feed of thread