MORGAN and PADDOCK of Lydbrook (General)

by Sarah Morgan @, Wellington New Zealand, Wednesday, March 09, 2005, 10:52 (6982 days ago)

Hello I'm looking for any info about my father and his family. My fathers name was Robert Eric William Morgan he was born in 1930 in Lydbrook, he had a sister Rosemary ( who could still be alive).

His parents names were Regenald Morgan ( he was a Wire Drawer at the Electric Cable works ) and Lilian Elaie Morgan-formerly Paddock. I would really love any information at all- no matter how big or small!

As this is all the info that I have and would love to know more about my Forest of Dean roots! Thank you!

MORGAN coleford

by slowhands @, Wednesday, March 09, 2005, 16:56 (6982 days ago) @ Sarah Morgan

here is a possible match for Reginald M :-

Robert Morgan 40 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Head Coleford Gloucestershire
Louisa Morgan Euardean, Gloucestershire, England Wife Coleford Gloucestershire
Reginald Morgan 9 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Coleford Gloucestershire
Frank Morgan 3 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Coleford Gloucestershire
(Not Registore Of) Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Coleford Gloucestershire

Source information: RG13/4920
Registration district: Monmouth
Sub-registration district: Coleford
ED, institution, or vessel: 1
Folio: 12
Page: 16
Household schedule number: 108

1891 Staunton Road Coleford
Morgan, Robert 30 Coleford, Gloucestershire Head Newland Gloucestershire
Morgan, Louisa 20 Ruardean, Gloucestershire Wife Newland Gloucestershire

Source information: RG12/4338
Sub registration district: Coleford
Folio: 15
Page: 23

George Morgan abt 1830 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Head Newland
Sarah Morgan abt 1830 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland
Robert Morgan abt 1860 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland
Richard Morgan abt 1870 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland
Eleanor S.J. Morgan abt 1873 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland
George Morris abt 1857 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Nephew Newland

Address: 9 Staunton Rd Coleford
Civil parish: Newland
County/Island: Gloucestershire

Source information: RG11/5223
Folio: 9
Page: 12

1871 Sparrow Hill Coleford
George Morgan 41 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Head Newland Gloucestershire
Sarah Morgan 40 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland Gloucestershire
Robert Morgan 11 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
John Morgan 5 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Richard Morgan 1 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire

Source information: RG10/5298
ED, institution, or vessel: 3
Folio: 46
Page: 11
Household schedule number: 63

MORGAN coleford ??

by Sarah Morgan @, New Zealand, Thursday, March 10, 2005, 05:52 (6981 days ago) @ slowhands

Hi there! and a big Thank you to you!

Thank you for this information that you have posted! It's the first and only lead I have! Could you please help/advise me on how I can link: 1901 Reginald Morgan 9 Coleford, Gloucestershire etc to my father Robert E.W Morgan etc.

Thank you again for the information and for your time!

Sarah:)

P.S Do you know of anyone who researches family trees for a hobbie..I mean someone who knows what they are doing ( unlike me ) and who might like to take on a project? Thanks again!!!

Taking on a project

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Thursday, March 10, 2005, 11:13 (6981 days ago) @ Sarah Morgan

» P.S Do you know of anyone who researches family trees for a hobbie..I mean
» someone who knows what they are doing ( unlike me ) and who might like to
» take on a project? Thanks again!!!

Sarah

We all started out in our genealogical quest not knowing anything about the subject. Over a period of time however by asking a few questions and reading we found a few ways of going about it.

I think you will find it very hard to find a hobbyist who would be willing to take on the project of researching your family tree. Though you will find many many people who are willing to assist you and put you in the right direction and even provide data if they have it on hand.

One of the great things about genealogy is when after a number of years of searching you eventually make a break through on finding one of your elusive ancestors. This gives you a great felling of satisfaction, knowing that all your hard work has eventually paid off, I doubt if you would have the same feeling if someone had done all that work for you.

If you need a few starting points have a look at a new posting I just made on the Message Board titled Getting Started in Genealogy.

Good Hunting
Dave Watkins

MORGAN coleford

by slowhands @, Thursday, March 10, 2005, 16:26 (6981 days ago) @ Sarah Morgan

Well I'm working "blind" here , but you need to link this candidates age / year of birth to what you know about the Reginald you are trying to find.

If you have a close match, then you can try to track down Birth Certs etc to confirm by weight of evidence the hunch - or disprove it .

If there is a chance of a fit let me know and I'll try to lead you to the next step

regards
S

MORGAN coleford ??

by sjpaddock521, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 21:01 (209 days ago) @ Sarah Morgan

Hi Sarah,

I am doing some work on the Paddock family tree if you would like to contact,

Many thanks,

Jackie

MORGAN / BENDLE Coleford

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, December 21, 2005, 16:54 (6695 days ago) @ slowhands

1861 Sparrow Hill
Thomas Bendle abt 1805 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Head Newland Gloucestershire
Jane Bendle abt 1806 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland Gloucestershire
Jane Bendle abt 1845 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Edwin Bendle abt 1849 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Thomas Bendle abt 1838 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
George Morgan abt 1829 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son-in-law Newland Gloucestershire Potter
Sarah Morgan abt 1830 Coleford
Helen Morgan abt 1857 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Granddaughter Newland Gloucestershire
Robert Morgan abt 1860 Coleford, Gloucestershire, England Grandson Newland Gloucestershire

1851 Staunton Rd Coleford
Thomas Bendle abt 1805 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Head Newland Gloucestershire
Jane Bendle abt 1806 Librook, Gloucestershire, England Wife Newland Gloucestershire
Edward Bendle abt 1850 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland Gloucestershire
Jane Bendle abt 1845 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Sarah Bendle abt 1830 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Newland Gloucestershire
Thomas B Bendle abt 1839 Newland, Gloucestershire, England Son Newland

MORGAN and PADDOCK of Lydbrook

by Paddock @, Perth West Australia, Sunday, December 11, 2005, 13:09 (6705 days ago) @ Sarah Morgan

I am a cousin of Robert Morgan. He was always known to us as Robin. I am very happy if you would like to contact me direct.

Reginald MORGAN 1896 Walford

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 10:38 (4319 days ago) @ Sarah Morgan

{ over time extra transcribed records and the 1911 census, so now i can be accurate ! }

Name: Rosemary L M Morgan
Mother's Maiden Surname: Paddock
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1940
Registration district: Forest of Dean
Inferred County: Gloucestershire, Shropshire, Herefordshire
Volume Number: 6a
Page Number: 843

Name: Robert E W Morgan
Mother's Maiden Surname: Paddock
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1930
Registration district: Ross
Inferred County: Shropshire
Volume Number: 6a
Page Number: 632

Name: Reginald Morgan
Spouse : Lilian E Paddock
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1923
Inferred County: Monmouthshire
Volume Number: 11a
Page Number: 65

Year: 1923
Month: Apr
Day: 2
Grooms_Surname: MORGAN
Grooms_Forenames: Reginald
Grooms_Age: 27
Groom_Condition: Bachelor
Grooms_Occupation: Tin Worker
Grooms_Residence: Walford
Grooms_Fathers_Surname: MORGAN
Grooms_Fathers_Forenames: John
Grooms_Fathers_Occupation: Baker
Brides_Surname: PADDOCK
Brides_Forenames: Lilian Elsie
Brides_Age: 22
Brides_Condition: Spinster
Brides_Occupation:
Brides_Residence: Lydbrook
Brides_Fathers_Surname: PADDOCK
Brides_Fathers_Forenames: William
Brides_Fathers_Occupation: Gardener
Licence_or_Banns: Banns
Date_of_Banns:
Signature_or_Mark: both sign
Witness_1: Henry Morgan
Witness_2: Eva Paddock
Other_Witnesses:
Officiating_Minister: G A Hopkins
Event: Marriage
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P208 IN 1/5
Page_Number: 219
Parish_Chapel: Lydbrook

1911 Road Cottage, Walford, Ross-On-Wye
Ellen Morgan 43
Osman Morgan 29
Henry Morgan 19
Annie Morgan 18
William Morgan 17
Reginald Morgan 15
Florance Morgan 12
Dulin Morgan 10
Maud Mary Morgan 6

John Morgan abt 1851 Gloucestershire, England Head Walford, Herefordshire
Ellen Morgan abt 1866 Devon, England Wife Walford, Herefordshire
Osmond Morgan abt 1882 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
Frank Morgan abt 1884 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
John Morgan abt 1890 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
Henry Morgan abt 1892 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
Annie Morgan abt 1893 Walford, Herefordshire, England Daughter Walford, Herefordshire
William Morgan abt 1894 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
Reginald Morgan abt 1896 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
Florence M Morgan abt 1899 Walford, Herefordshire, England Daughter Walford, Herefordshire
Dulcie E Morgan abt 1900 Walford, Herefordshire, England Daughter Walford, Herefordshire

Year: 1896
Month: Mar
Day: 1
Parents_Surname: MORGAN
Child_Forenames: Reginald
Fathers_Forenames: John
Mothers_Forenames: Ellen
Mothers_Surname:
Residence: Walford
Officiating_Minister: John Cecil May Curate
Event: Baptism
Memoranda: born 31 Dec 1895
Notes:
Register_Reference: CD20/1
Page_Number: 69
Parish_Chapel: Walford

John Morgan abt 1851 Tysbrook, Gloucestershire, England Head Walford, Herefordshire
Ellen Morgan abt 1865 North, Oenon Wife Walford, Herefordshire
Sarah Morgan abt 1879 Tysbrook, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Walford, Herefordshire
Osman Morgan abt 1882 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
Frank Morgan abt 1884 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
John Morgan Jabt 1890 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Walford, Herefordshire
Thos Clem Cadle abt 1873 Ross, Herefordshire, England Servant Walford, Herefordshire

John Morgan abt 1851 Lydbrook East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Lodger Walford, Herefordshire

John Morgan abt 1850 Ledbrook, Gloucestershire, England Lodger Pelsall, Staffordshire

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

Reginald MORGAN 1896 Walford

by Kaosbrin, Wednesday, July 06, 2022, 22:46 (654 days ago) @ slowhands

Hello :),
I'm not sure if I ever replied to you and if I didn't I'm very sorry that I didn't !!
It's been many years since I posted asking for help to find information on my family and I've only just rediscovered this site and my old post...

So Slowhands I would like to THANK YOU so very much for the information on my family that you gave to me all those years ago!! What a treasure and a find.. thank you so very much. I do hope you are doing well

Kindest regards, so sorry for the very, very late reply
Sarah

Reginald MORGAN 1896 Walford (1939 census)

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, September 25, 2023, 09:35 (208 days ago) @ Kaosbrin

1939 Council Villas Lydbrook, Broadwell,
Reginald Morgan 31 Dec 1895 Male Cable Making Wine Drawer Heavy Worker Married 162 1
Lilian E Morgan 05 Sep 1900 Female Domestic Duties Married 162 2
Robert E W Morgan 01 Feb 1930 Male At School Single 162 3
Alice M Inns (Paddock) 20 Aug 1889 Female Domestic Single 162 4

Morgan Reginald 18981921 Census Of England & Wales Walford, Ross, Herefordshire, England
Albert
Morgan Dulcie Nellie 1901
Ellen
Plus 3 others

--

Lilian Elsie PADDOCK 1900 Welsh Bicknor / Stowfield

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Saturday, June 23, 2012, 10:45 (4319 days ago) @ Sarah Morgan

1911 Stowfield Cottages Lydbrook Glos
William Paddock 49
Eliza Emily Paddock 46
Percy William Henry Paddock 18
Frederick Stuart Paddock 16
Eva Gertrude Paddock 13
Lilian Elsie Paddock 10
Eric John Paddock 7
Ernest Lancelot Paddock

William Paddock abt 1862 Calcot, Shropshire, England Head Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire
Eliza Paddock abt 1865 Lydiard, Wiltshire, England Wife Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire
Charles Paddock abt 1887 St Arvans, Monmouthshire, Wales Son Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire
Alice Paddock abt 1890 Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales Daughter Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire
Percy Paddock abt 1893 Mathern, Monmouthshire, Wales Son Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire
Fred Paddock abt 1895 Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire, England Son Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire
Gertrude Paddock abt 1898 Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire, England Daughter Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire
Lilian Paddock abt 1900 Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire, England Daughter Welsh Bicknor, Herefordshire

Year: 1900
Month: Oct
Day: 7
Parents_Surname: PADDOCK
Child_Forenames: Lilian Elsie
Fathers_Forenames: William
Mothers_Forenames: Alice
Mothers_Surname:
Residence: Welsh Bicknor
Officiating_Minister: F J Aldrich-Blake Rector
Event: Baptism
Memoranda:
Notes: Forenames confirmed from Birth Register
Register_Reference: AW19/7
Page_Number:
Parish_Chapel: Welsh Bicknor

Williams Paddick abt 1862 Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England Head Mathern and St Pierre, Monmouthshire
Eliza E Paddick abt 1865 Swindon, Wiltshire, England Wife Mathern and St Pierre, Monmouthshire
Charles R Paddick abt 1887 Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales Son Mathern and St Pierre, Monmouthshire
Alice M Paddick abt 1890 Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales Daughter Mathern and St Pierre, Monmouthshire

1871 caynton Shropshire ???
William Paddock 51 Edgemont
Louisa Paddock 39 Edgemont
William Paddock 13 Caynton
Emely S Paddock 11 Caynton
Mary L Paddock 9 Caynton
Rose M Paddock 3 Caynton
Jane Paddock 49 Edgemont (sister)
Mary J Beech 22
Fanny Balphas 23
Ann Frost 15
Mary Symonds 15
Richard Symonds 18

1861 ??
Thomas Paddock abt 1817 Edgmond, Shropshire, England Head Caynton, Shropshire
Emma M Paddock abt 1824 Newport, Shropshire, England Wife Caynton, Shropshire
Benjamin Harding abt 1844 Chatwell, Staffordshire, England Stepson Caynton, Shropshire
Thomas Paddock abt 1854 Caunton, Shropshire, England Son Caynton, Shropshire
Fanny J Paddock abt 1856 Caunton, Shropshire, England Daughter Caynton, Shropshire
Aurther Paddock abt 1858 Caunton, Shropshire, England Son Caynton, Shropshire
Frederick Paddock abt 1859 Caunton, Shropshire, England Son Caynton, Shropshire

--

RSS Feed of thread