Postcards Wanted (General)

by Sam Hale @, Sunday, January 15, 2006, 00:34 (6686 days ago)

Postcards Wanted

Hi, this is a request from my grandfather. He is a keen postcard collector with a special interest in the forest of dean. At present he has several large postcard albums full of forest of dean postcards, but is always looking for more. If anyone has postcards they would be willing to part with or to sell he would be most interested.

Areas in which he is lacking an abundance of cards are in:

collieries, lydney docks, railways and stations, smaller villages, e.g. Whitecroft, Ruardean, St Briavels, Pillowell, Drybrook, Ellwood etc., Personalities of the Forest, Norchard electricity site, alvington and woolastone.

Thanks

Postcards Wanted

by marlene smith, Friday, February 03, 2006, 01:46 (6667 days ago) @ Sam Hale

thank you for this wonderfull site and all the awesome photos ;I am researching my family history around gloucester and got onto a site called gloucestershire pubs where I put in names of pubs that were previously owned my my relatives by the name of SCHOLLAR ;one photo was that of the GEORGE INN yorkly and a photo with people standing outside and everyone I show agrees it looks like my great great great grandmother so when I came across the same place in your photo collection I was over the moon as the saying goes ;all I knew of the SCHOLLARS was what I got from the census and in 1881 clare and william schollars address was 206 high street and she was head and a viticaller and had 14 boarders ;williams father was also been listed as a hotel keeper and a brewer and benjamin and esthers address was thw WHITESMITHS ARMS 81 southgate streetand I also got a photo of this from that site ;so I could email a copy to you or you could visit the site ; other than that the only postcard I can help with are those from new zealand or other parts of england and europe when my parents visited there 10 or so yrs ago ;well thank you for taking the time to read my letter hope you will reply ;yours sincerely marlene smith

Schollar - Gloucester ?

by slowhands., Friday, February 03, 2006, 02:10 (6667 days ago) @ marlene smith

as transcribed (!)

1861 3 St Swithuns (?) St Gloucester looks like High Orchard area , Hempsted / Llanthony Road
Benjamin Schollar abt 1821 Gloucestershire, England Head South Hamlet Gloucestershire
Esther Schollar abt 1827 Gloucestershire, England Wife South Hamlet Gloucestershire
Marshall Schollar abt 1851 Gloucestershire, England Son South Hamlet Gloucestershire
Reachel Schollar abt 1860 Gloucestershire, England Daughter South Hamlet Gloucestershire
Willer J Schollar abt 1850 Gloucestershire, England Son South Hamlet Gloucestershire

1871 Whitesmiths Arms Littleworth St ( Lower Southgate St)
Benjamin Schollar abt 1820 Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England Head Gloucester Gloucestershire
Esther Schollar abt 1827 Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England Wife Gloucester Gloucestershire
Esther Schollar abt 1867 Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Gloucester Gloucestershire
Fanny Schollar abt 1864 Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Gloucester Gloucestershire
Rachel Schollar abt 1860 Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Gloucester Gloucestershire

Name : COX, Clara ??
Name: SCHOLLAR, William James
Record Type: Marriages
Quarter: December
Year: 1870
District: Tewkesbury
County: Gloucestershire Worcestershire
Volume: 6a
Page: 953

1881 206 High St, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Clare Scollar abt 1846 Tewkesbury Head Victualler
Clare Scollar abt 1872 Gloucestershire, England Daughter
Grace Scollar abt 1878 Cheltenham Daughter
Lilly Scollar abt 1879 Cheltenham Daughter
William Scollar abt 1876 Gloucestershire, England Son

Hester Schollar abt 1862 Gloucestershire, England Kitchenmaid No 5 Promneade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England

RSS Feed of thread