Sindry and Morgan (General)

by annianduesbury @, Sunday, January 15, 2006, 03:53 (6686 days ago)

Is anyone out there researching Morgans in the 1700's.
My gt.gt.gt.grandfather William Sindry b.1777 to Guy and Ann Lodge from Brompton Abbots and living at Weston under Penyard, married Mary Morgan in Dec. 1802 at W.u.P. There are so many Mary Morgans in Herefordshire that I cannot be sure of here birthplace and d.o.b.

Sindry and Morgan

by annianduesbury @, Monday, January 16, 2006, 04:13 (6685 days ago) @ annianduesbury

I have to correct errors in my previous message. In a printout of the Sindrys in the 1851 census for Herefordshire, my gt.gt.gt.grandfather was aged 83 so born 1768. The only other Sindry family who had a son William b.Mar 1764, were John and Martha who lived at Aston Ingham. Mary Morgan was 80 so born 1771. She had her last child Matthew in 1825 at the age of 54, that seems almost unbelievable.
I'm well aware that we must not believe everything we read, but all these dates confuse me even more.

Sindry and Morgan

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, January 16, 2006, 05:05 (6685 days ago) @ annianduesbury

Having difficulty locating him/them in the 1851, however the IGI extracted records suggest :-

WILLIAM SINDRY
------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 25 AUG 1777 Leigh, Gloucester, England

< I'm "sure" this is the Lea on the Here/Glos border>
----------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: GUY SINDRY
Mother: ANNE
----------------------------------------------------
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.
The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.
---------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C029801 1705 - 1875 0091532 Film 0820540 Film
Sheet: 00

WILLIAM SINDRY
------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: MARY MORGAN
Marriage: 26 DEC 1802 Weston Under Penyard, Hereford, England
------------------------------------------------------------
Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record.
The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.
---------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
M139771 1569 - 1885 1040031 Film NONE
Sheet: 00 !

Sindry and Morgan

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Tuesday, August 29, 2006, 22:46 (6459 days ago) @ annianduesbury

[posted by admin for annianduesbury]

Please is anyone able to help me find where my gt.gt.gt. grandparents lived at the time of the 1841 census.

They were William Sindry c.1768 and Mary Morgan c.1771 who were married at Weston under Penyard on 26.Dec. 1802. I am not sure where Mary Morgan was born , there are so many of them.

From IGI records I found three children :- Ann 26.02.1805,
Mary Ann 14.09.1806 and Abiah 23.02.1808. Each one having been born at W. under P.

Now in the 1841 census I found my gt.gt. grandparents William Sindery c.1811 and Lucy(Shotton) his wife, at Hawthorns living next door to a Samuel Sindery c.1816 and Mary Ann. Now, who is Samuel? Is he William's brother? It looks as if Samuel could have been born to William and Mary Morgan, coming between William and Matthew.

I thought that I might have found William and Mary Morgan in the 1841 census, although I am well aware that it wasn't compulsory at that time.
I think William died in 1852 and Mary in 1847.

annianduesbury

Sindry and Morgan Weston under Penyard / Pontshill

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 01:07 (6459 days ago) @ admin

Not perfect but a reasonable fit given the accuracy of dates in the 1841

1841 Hernley (?) Cottage
Source information: HO107/421/23
Registration district: Ross
Sub-registration district: Ross
ED, institution, or vessel: 14
Folio: 19
Page: 9

William Sindey abt 1773 Weston under Penyard Herefordshire
Mary Sindey abt 1781 Weston under Penyard Herefordshire
Mathew Sindey abt 1827 Herefordshire, England Weston under Penyard Herefordshire

1851 Pontshill Village
Mathew Sindry abt 1827 Weston, Herefordshire, England Head Weston under Penyard Herefordshire
Emma Sindry abt 1826 Winchcomb, Gloucestershire, England Wife Weston under Penyard Herefordshire

by Annian @, Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 10:50 (6458 days ago) @ slowhands

Thank you, Slowhands, quick and efficient as usual. You probably used the one combination of letters for Sindry that I had not used.

I had wondered if a William b.02.03.1764 could have been the William, except he was born ar Aston Ingham.

I have another query regarding the 1841 census. Source information: HO107/421/9 Reg. district Ross. Folo 4. Line number 18. GSU Number 288816. At Hope Mansell, Greytree I found Charlotte Sindery age 15 and Abijah (male) age 13 living without adults. I have looked closely at Abijah and can't think what the name can really be. Also on the next page, although faint I spotted William Cindery age 18, I have been unable to fit these into my jigsaw. Have you any ideas?

Recently, feeling somewhat annoyed by the frequent reference by IGI, to Lea, as Leigh,I went through the church records for Leigh,which I fortunately found on the internet. This Leigh is the one situated between Gloucester and Tewkesbury. There were no signs of Sindrys (or however you spell them), but I did find a Sinderby family.

I do appreciate your publication of Parish Records, and I would like to say how the work of all the transposers is appreciated. Could I dare ask if they are likely to get round to those borderline parishes i.e. Lea, Weston under Penyard etc.. Not knowing the Forest too well I imagine that they are strictly HRF.

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 12:24 (6458 days ago) @ Annian

Abijah - a variant of Abiah ( pretty sure !)

Looks like Charlotte and Abiah are living with Susannah Hale aged 50, judging by the marks in the left hand columns.

I'm sure that in time with a willing band of volunteers the "outer" parishes towards Ross for example will be transcribed.

RSS Feed of thread