Cinderey family

by Robert Williams, Friday, March 10, 2006, 01:45 (6625 days ago)

I have an indirect connection with George Cinderey and Abia Marfell, married in the Forest Church in 1860. I have quite a lot of information on the Marfell line from a family name website, but know very little about the Cindereys. I understand George was descended from the Mr Cinderey who donated the stone from which the church was built, mentioned in the thread 'The History of the Hale Family of Ruardean and Nailbridge'. Is anyone (hopefully slowhands ?? ) able to fill in the relationships in the Cinderey line for me please? On the IGI site there is a George Cinderey at about the same time, but I do not think that he is the one I am looking for.

Thanks in advance

George CINDEREY 1836 Harry Hill

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Sunday, March 12, 2006, 23:45 (6622 days ago) @ Robert Williams

As transcribed :-

Harry Hill 1841
1841 Harry Hill HO 107 /364 / 6 folio 9

George SINDARY 30 Sawyer
Betty 27
William ?
George 5
Elizabeth 3
Mary Ann 7 months

All except Geroge snr born in County

1851 Harry Hill
Geo Cindey abt 1812 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Head East Dean Gloucestershire Sawyer
Betsey Cindey abt 1815 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Wife East Dean Gloucestershire
Elizabeth Cindey abt 1838 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter East Dean Gloucestershire
Ann Cindey abt 1846 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter East Dean Gloucestershire
Beah Cindey abt 1843 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter East Dean Gloucestershire
George Cindey abt 1836 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Son East Dean Gloucestershire
Sarah Cindey abt 1848 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter East Dean Gloucestershire
William Cindey abt 1834 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Son East Dean Gloucestershire

George Scindrey abt 1837 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Head East Dean Gloucestershire Sawyer
Abia Scindrey abt 1836 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Wife East Dean Gloucestershire

Name: George Cinderey
Birth Date: abt 1836
Year of Registration: 1903
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at death: 67
District: Westbury On Severn
County: Gloucestershire
Volume: 6a

George CINDEREY 1836 Harry Hill

by Robert Williams, Monday, March 13, 2006, 02:46 (6622 days ago) @ slowhands

Thank you slowhands for your by now trademark prompt reply.

This gets one generation back, showing the father of George Cinderey b.1836 to be also named George, b 1811 or thereabouts. According to "The History of the Hale Family of Ruardean and Nailbridge" thread, the Forest Church was built in 1816/17 from stone donated by a Mr Cinderey, who owned the quarry and who is possibly the father of George b. about 1811.

Can anyone help in identifying the name of this "Mr Cinderey" and/or provide any other details?

Thanks in advance.

Holy Trinity aka The Forest Church - Drybrook, Harrow Hill

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, March 13, 2006, 04:36 (6622 days ago) @ Robert Williams

Holy Trinity - Harrow Hill, Near Drybrook This church is known locally as the Forest church.
It was built in 1817 under the personal supervision of Henry Birkin, it's first minister.
It is built of roughly coursed stone, with ashlar dressings and features a wide nave, short chancel
and north and south porches.

Cinderey family

by Annian @, Thursday, March 16, 2006, 10:47 (6619 days ago) @ Robert Williams

Hello Robert

I'm so pleased to see your message ,at last someone following similar tracks to myself. Cindery, Sindrey or whatever. I am a guenuine, live Sindrey and have been so frustrated by the lack of connections to this name. I have traced my family way back and have picked up so much info' on the way. Regarding this family name,I don't think I have come across the name spelt with a "C" before 1800. Perhaps the clergy who were doing the entries in the Parish registers,did not like the connotations of "Sin" and changed it to "Cin."(just a thought, probably incorrect!)

My family roots seem to be at Lea,Linton and Weston under Penyard.

I've been trying to find where George c.1811 came from and Betsy c.1815 (she could possibly be a Wilkes but I'm not sure).He is so well documented in census documents.

There seems to be a lack Georges prior to this one, I haven't come across one before the 1800s.

My gt.grandfather was George Sindrey b.1840 at Hawthorns, son of William Sindry c.1811 and Lucy Shotton c.1818 (of Winchcombe)
My gt.gt.grandfather was William Sindry c.1768 and Mary Morgan c.1771 living at Weston under Penyard. The men in this family seem to have been mainly blacksmiths. My gt.grandfather left the Forest and came to Cheltenham via Gloucester and married Mary Ann Smith(his cousin)in Cheltenham, he became a fruit grower. He lived here for the rest of his life.

Despite hours of research at Glos.R.O. I have a number of males of families, for whom I am unable to find parents. I wondered if you had any ideas.

1.) Henry C. c.1813(of Walford I think) m.1837 to Mary Ann Mountjoy(Awre with Blakeney)They had five daughters and finally a son Joseph c.1850

2.) Henry C. c.1816 of Cinderford.Unable to find his wife. They had William c.1837 and Charlotte c.1857.

3.)Samuel C. c.1816 m.1843 to Mary Ann c.1822. In 1841 they are living next door to my ancestors at Hawthorns, so perhaps a relationship.

4.) William S. c.1837 and Harriet c.1822 first appear in the 1871 census with sons Thomas W. 1864 and George 1870 but I have been unable to trace them after that.

5.) Guy S.c.1780 m. to Susannah living at Weston under Penyard had Susannah 09.02.1817, Mary Ann 07.11.1819 and Charlotte 13.01.1825. I searched for records of sons because I feel that they could be parents to at least one of those mentioned above. The dates could be right.

I don't think I've been much help to you, but perhaps it gives you facts which might fit into the jigsaw.

Good hunting, Ann.

Cinderey family - GUY CINDREY

by cinders, Sunday, August 17, 2008, 07:08 (5734 days ago) @ Annian

rather an old thread but.... saw the reference to Guy Sindre (Cindrey) who married Susannah James. Their son William is I believe my grt grt grandfather. Most of the family events took place at the Forest church, Drybrook but the baptism of William (@ Weston under Penyard) and the marriage of Guy & Susannah @ Linton suggest the parishes attended that pre-date Drybrook.
My query is simply whether your research has thrown up any further information regarding Guy? or indeed references in churches which pre-date 1817?
I have so far concentrated my efforts in Glos but feel I may need to investigate Hereford RO.

Thanks
Mark

by Carolbeagle, Friday, January 22, 2016, 08:35 (3020 days ago) @ cinders

I have been researching the guy cindery connection, and have come across the line as follows :
Guy b 1784 married susannah James
His father guy b 1750 married Ann lodge
His father guy b 1733 married grace willing
His father James b 1700 married Betty

I need to look at my papers to find location, think Herefordshire ,but the dates tally

by mcinderey, Tuesday, May 02, 2017, 22:04 (2553 days ago) @ Carolbeagle

thank you that is very interesting.
I have found the marriage entry for Guy and Ann dated 9th Oct 1774 at Weston.
I would be very interested in any further information regarding location or dates for Guy's baptism or birth, or those regarding his father Guy.
Thank you for the next lead.

Mark

SINDRY/CINDREY

by m p griffiths @, Thursday, September 20, 2012, 18:32 (4238 days ago) @ Annian

'my gt gt grandfather was William SINDRY c1768'

----

This is the information I have on CINDREY (and variations of) in my tree

Latton (Wiltshire) Marriages

Simon ANDREY - married Rebeccah HOPGOOD - 23 January 1727

(just a few miles away in Down Ampney)

children of Simon and Rebecca christened

Down Ampney, Gloucestershire

Rebecca SUNDRY - 10 December 1727, parents Simon, Reb
Miriam SYNDRY - 2 August 1729, Simon & Rebecca
Mary SYNDRY - 18 July 1731, Simon & Rebecca

Ampney Crucis, Gloucestershire

Betty SINDERY - 16 June 1736 - Simon & Rebekak
Susanna SINDRY/SINDERREI - 24 May 1738 - Simon & Rebekah

Marriages at The Holy Rood Church, Ampney Crucis

Edward BOWN married Betty SINDERY - 6 Jan 1756

James SINDRY married Ann ELBOROUGH (another of my family names) - 8 February 1759 ***

Francis HARDING married Susana SINDRY - 16 May 1761

CLDS

Two children of James & Ann SINDRY - were born at Baunton, Glos

James SINDREY - 26 December 1761 and Jacob SYNDREY - 13 June 1764

--

RSS Feed of thread