The Blistors Bream (General)

by hawdon @, Alcossebre Spain, Monday, June 14, 2010, 20:00 (5058 days ago)

Hi Just found out my Gran was born at The Blistors Bream. Anybody have any idea where this is and if it still exists?.

Dave

The Blistors Bream

by unknown, Monday, June 14, 2010, 20:47 (5058 days ago) @ hawdon

Have just tried Royal Mail online postcodes and the Hardcover Yr 2000 book and no trace of the Blistors/Blisters is shown.
Sorry...

The Blistors Bream

by m p griffiths @, Monday, June 14, 2010, 20:54 (5058 days ago) @ hawdon

On the 1901 census, the Enumerator, has got notes covering his 'round' - however, it goes from Mount Pleasant, then we have

Blisters Farm Bream with Robert W Jones and his family, then three families listed as living at Blister Cottages, William Pritchard, Samuel Robins, George Gardiner and their families - then Lydney Lane.

1891 Census, Bream

St James Church
Chelfridge
Blistors House, unoccupied, (houses nr Post Office)

'This has highlighted a problem with the 1891 census for Bream (Ancestry) - The Enumerators' descriptions for each District has pages from Shrewsbury instead'

The Blistors Bream

by hawdon @, Alcossebre Spain, Monday, June 14, 2010, 21:08 (5058 days ago) @ m p griffiths

Thanks for the prompt replies. My gran was born in October 1901 so it's possible they may have moved in there after the 1901 census and her parents marriage in April 1901 (Don't try and work it out, we all have skeletons in the cupboard).

Do you know if these cottages still exist?

Dave

The Blistors Bream

by alison2 @, Monday, June 14, 2010, 21:29 (5058 days ago) @ hawdon

Hi Dave

The Blistors, Bream is now Known as Blisters End, Lydney Road, Bream. Postcode GL15 6EW On Google Maps comes up near Junic Pond. It is still referred to locally as The Blistors, and there are still Cottages there. I know someone who lives there.

Hope this helps.

Alison

The Blistors Bream

by hawdon @, Alcossebre Spain, Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 13:20 (5057 days ago) @ alison2

Hi Alison

Many thanks for the information. I looked it up on Google and found Blisters Farm. Next time I am in England it will be on my list of places to visit.

Dave

The Blistors Bream

by mossup12 @, Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:13 (1555 days ago) @ hawdon

V

The Blistors Bream

by Fridgerat, Monday, February 03, 2020, 10:06 (1538 days ago) @ mossup12

Hi - We still live at the Blistors - would be interested in any old pictures or information you have.

Thanks,

Frank

The Blistors Bream

by MPGriffiths @, Monday, February 03, 2020, 16:56 (1537 days ago) @ Fridgerat

If you look at the Sungreen website (old photos of The Forest of Dean) - and search for Blistors, there are a number of photographs of the family and does include a Stallion, Finstall Sutton advertised in 1913, belonging to Vernon Jones, Blistors Bream. This copy leaflet was in the log of my Great Grandad, William WICKENDEN who lived at Nibley Mill, Blakeney - was a Haulier with his Shire Horses, which he also bred.

If you use the Advance Search -

Burials: and put in Blistors - there are 10 - from 1895 until 1964

12 September 1950

Robert Vernon JONES - aged 80
residence: The Blistors Bream

1939 England & Wales Register

Bliss Tors (as transcribed on Ancestry) -

West Dean

Robert Vernon Jones : birth date: 15 October 1869 - Farmer & Butcher
Annie Beatrice JONES - birth date: 5 December 1866 - Unpaid Domestic work

----

The Contributor: hawdon (his Gran was born At The Blistors Bream)

There is a previous thread from 14 June 2010 -

---

1901 Census, Gloucestershire, Newland, District 7
Page 9 of 28

Blistors Farm Bream

Robert W JONES - aged 31 - Farmer, born Glamorganshire, Cardiff
Annie JONES - aged 34, born Glos.shire Coleford
Annie JONES - Neice - 5 - born Glamorganshire, Cardiff.

---

Robert is on the Electoral Register from 1898

JONES, Robert Vernon, Blistors, Bream, Lydney, Dwelling House.

-----

Mary An GWILLIAM aged 64, of The Blistors Bream - was buried 7 December 1895.

---

RSS Feed of thread