Edmund & Susannah VIMPANY (General)

by Judith Vivmpani @, Monday, April 17, 2006, 00:15 (6594 days ago)

New thread started from
http://www.forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?mode=thread&id=1913

--------------------------------------

Julien,
Sue, of UK, and I, from Australia, are related and met on the web. Sue is busy with jury service at present so I provide you with the information I have on Edmund Vimpany. Edmund's parents were Edmund born 1756 married Rebecca Vail in 1781. Rebecca died in 1840. Edmund's grandfather was Edmund 1719-21/3/1800 who married Elizabeth (1730-1800). Edmund's great grandfather was Edmund 1687-? who married Ann. Ann died 1719 before Edmund was baptised and this was in Jan- Mar before the change to Julien Calendar so the years are not certain. Edmund's GG gandfather was Thomas (1650-1702) who married 4/6/1677 Anne Godwin 1641-1681, then Sarah King on 28/8/1684. Sarah was Edmund's mother. Edmund's GGG grandfather was William born abt 1598 who married Agnes Batten in 1634 in Nailsea. Agnes was born 1613. The gathering of most of this information must be credited to Richard and to Sue who found it independently. By the way my great grandfather John Dean Vimpani changed the name from y to i at the end shortly after he arrived in Aus in 1870 and so his descendents are easily identified. Hope this is of interest regards Judith

Edmund & Susannah VIMPANY

by julien @, Sunday, April 23, 2006, 11:27 (6588 days ago) @ Judith Vivmpani

Hallo Judith,
Thanks for the information about the Vimpany family. Where did John Dean Vimpani fit in with Edmund's line?

Julien

by Judith Vimpani, Wednesday, April 26, 2006, 16:20 (6585 days ago) @ julien

Julien,

Let's see if I can explain this simply. Susannah married Edmund Vimpany as you know. Edmund's father had a brother Richard who married Mary Roberts. Their 10th son Jesse married Sarah Dean and their 5th son was John Dean. Jesse gave John a family Bible as a boy and this Bible is still in the family in Aus having been passed to Ron Vimpani earlier this year. If you or other family members would like a copy of my family tree (as a word.doc) with dates and details of other childrenn and their families. Please contact me directly. I have registered on this site. By the way Sue's g grandfather is my g grandfather's brother ie brother to John Dean. Regards Judith

by gvimpani, Sunday, August 16, 2009, 10:53 (5377 days ago) @ Judith Vimpani

Very interesting bit of news to another member of the Vimpani family. I'm Judith's cousin - we share John Dean as a great grandfather. One of his sons was Augustus Gavan who married Maude Elizabeth Parker. They had four sons, Aubrey, Horace, Gordon and Norman. Although all married only two - Gordon and Horace - had children. Gordon and Edna had five - Gwennyth, Ronald (who has the family bible), Stanley, Barbara and David - and Horace and Phyllis (who was a distant cousin of Maude Elizabeth) had one - me! Only Phyllis and Kathleen (Norman's wife) are alive. Judith met Phyllis for the first time last month. Judith entered my world via my daughter in law Hayley Vimpani who encountered each other on Facebook. Small world!

by gvimpani, Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 04:14 (4863 days ago) @ gvimpani

With sadness I report the death of the last widows of the sons of Augustus Gavan Vimpani and his wife Maude Elizabeth, son of John Dean Vimpani/Vimpany.

Phyllis Dorothy Vimpani, wife of Horace, died in her sleep on December 21st 2009 at Resthaven, Leabrook in Adelaide, South Australia at 89 years from a stroke.

Katherine May Vimpani, wife of Norman, died on January 4th 2011 in Melbourne, Victoria aged 90 years from a stroke.

Most of the cousins and their partners (Ron and Helen, Stanley and Carolyn, Barbara and Garry, Graham and Anne) were able to meet at the funeral in Melbourne on January 10th.

Judith was able to join with us at a gathering afterwards.

John Dean VIMPANY 1828 Arlingham Watchmaker

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 09:27 (4863 days ago) @ Judith Vimpani

JESSE VIMPANY
-------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: SARAH DEAN
Marriage: 06 APR 1820 Arlingham, Gloucester, England
---------------------------------------------------
Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record.
The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
M026571 1756 - 1812 0417107 Film 6911633 Film
M026571 1813 - 1882 0856935 Film NONE
Sheet: 00

Year: 1828
Month: Jun
Day: 15
Parents_Surname: VIMPANY
Child_Forenames: John Dean
Fathers_Forenames: Jesse
Mothers_Forenames: Sarah
Mothers_Surname:
Residence: Arlingham
Officiating_Minister: John Sayer
Event: Baptism
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: P18 IN 1/7
Page_Number: 41
Parish_Chapel: Arlingham

John [JESSE] Timpany abt 1801 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire Baker
Sarah Timpany abt 1801 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire
Jane Timpany abt 1826 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire
John Timpany abt 1828 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire
Sarah Timpany abt 1831 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire
James Timpany abt 1836 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire
William Timpany abt 1838 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire
Daniel Timpany abt 1840 Gloucestershire, England Arlingham, Gloucestershire

John Himpany abt 1829 Anbyham, Gloucestershire, England Head Kensington, Middlesex Watchmaker
William Himpany abt 1838 Anbyham, Gloucestershire, England Brother Kensington, Middlesex

Jesse Vimpany abt 1799 Arlingham, Gloucestershire, England Head Arlingham, Gloucestershire
Sarah Vimpany abt 1799 Breadstone, Gloucestershire, England Wife Arlingham, Gloucestershire
Sarah A Vimpany abt 1831 Arlingham, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Arlingham, Gloucestershire
Daniel Vimpany abt 1841 Arlingham, Gloucestershire, England Son Arlingham, Gloucestershire
Edmund Vimpany abt 1844 Arlingham, Gloucestershire, England Son Arlingham, Gloucestershire

Name: Jesse Vimpany
Year of Registration: 1860
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Wheatenhurst
County: Gloucestershire
Volume: 6a
Page: 189

<><><>
John Dean Vimpani appear in Australia next - marraige etc

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

Edmund VIMPANY b1844 Arlingham

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Monday, February 25, 2013, 21:19 (4088 days ago) @ slowhands

Re the above family I've just spotted this reference within the National Archives website which may be of interest.

Reference:ADM 139/592/77

Description:

11-05-1844
Name: Vimpany, Edmund
Place of Birth: Arlingham, Gloucester
Continuous Service Number: 19177A
Date of Volunteering: 11 May 1862

Held by: The National Archives, Kew

"ADM 139 = Admiralty: Royal Navy Continuous Service Engagement Books, 1853-1872.
These continuous service engagement books give the date and place of birth, physical characteristics on entry, and a summary of the service of each rating."

The digital copy may be purchased online and may give further detail than this free summary. Past experience of TNA records suggests the quoted date is almost certainly this recruit's claimed birthdate.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/details?Uri=D7907721

From this site's PRs could this be his Baptism, parents fit the above Census info:

Record_ID: 143900
Entry_Number: 743
Year: 1843
Month: May
Day: 21
Child_Forenames: Edmund
Mothers_Surname:
Officiating_Minister: J.Ll[oyd] Crawley
Memoranda:
Notes:
Page_Number: 93
Soundex: V515

Odd for a recruit to claim he's younger than he is, could this suggest a possible PR transcription error, perhaps ?

Edmund VIMPANY b1843 Arlingham

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 10:20 (4087 days ago) @ Jefff

Re the above family I've just spotted this reference within the National Archives website which may be of interest.

Reference:ADM 139/592/77

Description:

11-05-1844
Name: Vimpany, Edmund
Place of Birth: Arlingham, Gloucester
Continuous Service Number: 19177A
Date of Volunteering: 11 May 1862

Held by: The National Archives, Kew

"ADM 139 = Admiralty: Royal Navy Continuous Service Engagement Books, 1853-1872.
These continuous service engagement books give the date and place of birth, physical characteristics on entry, and a summary of the service of each rating."

The digital copy may be purchased online and may give further detail than this free summary. Past experience of TNA records suggests the quoted date is almost certainly this recruit's claimed birthdate.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/details?Uri=D7907721

From this site's PRs could this be his Baptism, parents fit the above Census info:

Record_ID: 143900
Entry_Number: 743
Year: 1843
Month: May
Day: 21
Child_Forenames: Edmund
Mothers_Surname:
Officiating_Minister: J.Ll[oyd] Crawley
Memoranda:
Notes:
Page_Number: 93
Soundex: V515

Odd for a recruit to claim he's younger than he is, could this suggest a possible PR transcription error, perhaps ?

Looks fine to me :-) PR ties in with BMD

Name: Edmund Vimpany
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1843
Registration district: Wheatenhurst
Inferred County: Gloucestershire
Volume: 11
Page: 480

--

Edmund VIMPANY b1843 Arlingham

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:16 (4087 days ago) @ slowhands

Agreed & thanks kind Sir, just seems a little odd, I should have checked despite my short-time. The reason for posting was of course to add an extra Record to this site that I found by accident.

Perhaps this means even those at Kew can make typo mistakes too !, there's hope for me yet (or probably not....) ;-)

From GlosBMD too, of course:

Birth Details
Child Surname Child Forename Father Surname Mother Surname Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
VIMPANY Edmund VIMPANY VIMPANY DEAN 1843 Gloucester Gloucester, Frampton 2 435

Edmund & Susannah VIMPANY ( associated thread)

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 07:20 (4863 days ago) @ Judith Vivmpani

http://www.forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=3004

--

RSS Feed of thread