Mary Simmonds died Ruspidge Cinderford (General)

by Cath Unsworth @, Sunday, April 30, 2006, 04:14 (6579 days ago)

Please could any one help me find where my great grand mother was buried.
Mary Simmonds died 26 Jan 1915 Ruspidge Cinderford. aged 85.

She was living with her married daughter Jane Yemm. I have looked at St John register and Littledean. She is not there. I have emailed Cinderford Library and they too don't know where she could be. I emailed the Record Office back in Feb and have not received a reply, Cinderford library says they are very busy.

Could you think of any where she could be? Thank you.

Cath Unsworth

Mary Simmonds died Ruspidge Cinderford

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Sunday, April 30, 2006, 11:17 (6578 days ago) @ Cath Unsworth

Have you tried the Non-conformist route ?

FOD had/has a strong Bapist / Methodist tradition.

by julie whitworth, Sunday, April 30, 2006, 11:48 (6578 days ago) @ Cath Unsworth

Try the local authorties they may have a data base of where people are buried. My gt gran died in 1951 and the local council (not in Gloucestershire) put me touch with the dept dealing with cemetries and they were able to tell me where she was buried.

Record keeping

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, May 01, 2006, 06:08 (6578 days ago) @ julie whitworth

1951 and the local council ..put me touch

If only record keeping and preservation since the 1600's was as "easy" as it has been in the last 50 years then tracking down our Family History would be less challenging ( and rewarding)

by Cath Unsworth @, Tuesday, July 04, 2006, 06:13 (6514 days ago) @ Cath Unsworth

Thank you for your help with this. I have tried all the non comformists routes and all the Parish churches. The Record Office did try and help but they couldn't find her! How do I try the local cemetery in Cinderford? Was it open in 1915? Do you think she just may of been missed off the Parish register?

by Danny @, Monday, July 26, 2010, 18:14 (5030 days ago) @ Cath Unsworth

Cath

It might be worth trying the Mercury newspaper records at Cinderford library ... they are on tape, but would not take long if you have a date to check against.

.....Danny

by dormin @, Monday, July 26, 2010, 15:31 (5030 days ago) @ Cath Unsworth

Mary Simmonds is my great great grandmother. Perhaps she was buried at St Stephens or cremated. Hope you have found the answer. dormin

RSS Feed of thread