Benjamin CLARK - Lydney (General)

by HazelWiley, Tuesday, May 02, 2006, 20:22 (6576 days ago)

My great great grandfather Benjamin Clark lived in Lydney from some time in the 1870s till 1908 when he died. He owned a grocery shop, possibly 2. Are there still family members living in the area. His son Charles Clark took over the shop when his father died.
My great grandfather John Clark was his oldest son.
Hazel Wiley
Waipukurau, New Zealand

Benjamin CLARK Bucks -> Lydney - Associated Thread

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Tuesday, May 02, 2006, 22:32 (6576 days ago) @ HazelWiley

Benjamin CLARK - Lydney

by Annie, Saturday, July 07, 2007, 12:03 (6146 days ago) @ HazelWiley

Hi Hazel

We are related! I am newcomer to the message board and have just come across your posting. My great grandfather was Benjamin Clark - I am the grand daughter of his youngest son Charles Clark who married Rosa Mary Bowen in 1902.

The family had two grocer's shops, one in Newerne Street and the other at Springhill which were both taken over by my grandfather. Benjamin was a Master Baker. There is a pboto of the shop on the front of a book entitled "A Glance baCK AT Lydney" I have lots of info about this side of the family, including a copy of Benjamin's will. Benjamin and his wife Annie (Hodson) are both buried in the churchyard of St. Mary's Church, Lydney. I would be interested to know if you have any photos of Benjamin, I have a photo of Charles and Rosa's wedding which must include Benjamin and Annie but no identification!
Hopefully we can be put in touch.
Best wishes
Annie

Benjamin CLARK - Lydney

by hazelwiley, Saturday, July 28, 2007, 01:44 (6125 days ago) @ Annie

Hello Annie
I have only just found this message.
My email address is
wiley.coyote@xtra.co.nz
I would love to hear from you. This is most exciting.
Is your family still in Gloucestershire.
My gandmother was Dorothy Laura Clark,the daughter of John Clark and Emily Laura Mayers. I am sure I am repeating myself here.
I have lived in New Zealand since I was 5 years old.
Hazel Wiley nee Reed

Benjamin CLARK - Lydney

by hazelwiley, Saturday, July 28, 2007, 01:50 (6125 days ago) @ hazelwiley

Hello again
I am not sure if I have put this on this site but Benjamin was married to Emma Cocks who died of Scarlett fever when my great grandfather John Clark was very young. I have his marriage certificates to both Emma Cocks and Annie Hodsdon, his second wife.Plus I have the birth certificates for John,Ellen and Emily and Ellens marriage to William Davies and Johns marriage to Emily Laura Mayers.
I am happy to share what information I have
Hazel

RSS Feed of thread