New Genealogy TV Progamme (General)

by Simone @, Saturday, May 13, 2006, 10:37 (6559 days ago)

Hi All

New TV show presented by Bill Oddie on UKTV History at 9pm Mon 15/5/06- 'My Famous Family'- traces the trees of individuals and unsuspecting members of public find out who famous ancestors were.
Also before it at 8pm is repeat of his 'Who do you think you are?' episode, and after it at 10pm it is the Lesley Garret episode.

Channel 537on Sky, 203 on Telewest, 12 on Freeview- obviously also 1 hour later on 'plus'.

Simone

New Genealogy TV Progamme

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Saturday, May 13, 2006, 11:05 (6559 days ago) @ Simone

< for all our non UK Satalite / Digital subscribers >

Sorry !

New Genealogy TV Progamme

by Ladkyis, Tuesday, June 06, 2006, 01:27 (6536 days ago) @ slowhands

I found it very irritating when he kept on saying "famous ancestor" when the unsuspecting person wasn't descended from the famous person or even on the same branch of the tree.
The florence Nightingale connection was tortuous to say the least and when they asked a woman what it felt like to be descended from Queen Victoria when the person was actually descended from an ancestor at the time of Edward 111 well I gave myself a sore throat shrieking NO NO! at the screen. I have written to the UKHistory channel and given them a telling off too

Ann

RSS Feed of thread