Ann Grace Probert of Lydbrook (General)

by andrew walford, South Wales, Monday, May 15, 2006, 10:20 (6557 days ago)

I'm hoping somebody who has access to the 1861 and 1871 census for Lydbrook can help me find the birthplace of Ann Grace Probert nee Edison. The 1841 states Ireland, 1851 Cornwall, 1861 Cornwall and 1871 Ireland. The difference with 1861 and 1871 being that a place name is mentioned aswell as Cornwall and Ireland. I saw the census years ago but at the time couldn't make out the place names, only that the one read Cornwall and the other Ireland. If someone can give me the place names I would be very grateful.

Andrew

Ann Grace PROBERT ( nee EDISON) 1811 Ireland and Lydbrook

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, May 15, 2006, 11:20 (6557 days ago) @ andrew walford

as transcribed !

Name:James Probert
Name: Ann Grace Edison
Year of Registration: 1841
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Ross
County: Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Hereford And Worcester
Volume: 26
Page: 235

HO107/421/22
Registration district: Ross
Sub-registration district: Llangarren
ED, institution, or vessel: 12
Folio: 15

James Probert abt 1811 Herefordshire, England Walford Herefordshire
Ann Grace Probert abt 1812 Ireland Walford Herefordshire

James Peikert abt 1812 Bridstow, Herefordshire, England Head Ruardean Gloucestershire
Ann Graces Peikert abt 1812 Not Known, Cornwall, England Wife Ruardean Gloucestershire
Catherine Peikert abt 1850 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Ruardean Gloucestershire
Elizabeth Peikert abt 1844 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Ruardean Gloucestershire
George Peikert abt 1842 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Ruardean Gloucestershire
Thomas Peikert abt 1847 English Bicknor, Gloucestershire, England Son Ruardean Gloucestershire

James Drabant abt 1800 Bridstow, Herefordshire, England Head Ruardean Gloucestershire
Ann Grace Drabant abt 1811 Cornwell, Devon, England Wife Ruardean Gloucestershire
Catherine Drabant abt 1851 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Ruardean Gloucestershire
Charlotte Drabant abt 1853 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Ruardean Gloucestershire
Elizabeth Drabant abt 1844 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Ruardean Gloucestershire
George Drabant abt 1842 Walford, Herefordshire, England Son Ruardean Gloucestershire
Thomas Drabant abt 1846 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Son Ruardean Gloucestershire

and it does look like Devon Cornwall !

James Pechart abt 1811 Bridstow, Herefordshire, England Head Ruardean Herefordshire
Ann Grace Pechart abt 1811 St Davids, Ireland Wife Ruardean Herefordshire
Charlotte Walford abt 1852 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Ruardean Herefordshire
Mekard Walford abt 1845 English Bicknor, Gloucestershire, England Son-in-law Ruardean Herefordshire
Thomas Richard Walford abt 1866 Ruardean, Gloucestershire, England Grandson Ruardean Herefordshire

looks like St Dulich, Ireland <???> maybe its St Doolaghs north of Dublin , near the airport ?

Name: Ann Grace Probert
Birth Date: abt 1810
Year of Registration: 1881
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Age at death: 71
District: Ross
County: Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Hereford And Worcester
Volume: 6a
Page: 339

James Probert abt 1810 Bridstow, Hereford, England Head Ruardean Gloucestershire Widow

Ann Grace PROBERT ( nee EDISON) 1811 Ireland and Lydbrook

by andrew walford, South Wales, Monday, May 15, 2006, 13:41 (6557 days ago) @ slowhands

Many thanks, I notice there is a port in Cornwall named Devoran which was very popular around this time. Maybe Ann Grace Edison arrived at Devoran, Cornwall from Ireland (St Doolaghs). It's something to look into! Unfortunately her marriage certificate to James Probert at Walford hasn't listed her father's name or her residence.

Andrew

Ireland / Cornwall

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Monday, May 15, 2006, 22:34 (6557 days ago) @ andrew walford

Devoran could be a match for the census record; however the Devon is written under the County, and Cornwill/ Comwill is written under the place ( not that a specific column exists !)

RSS Feed of thread