Local Church for Horse Pool Bottom (General)

by Susan Bates @, Nuneaton Warwickshire, Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 05:31 (6554 days ago)

My Grandmother was born Horse Pool Bottom Gloucester. Would like to know the name of the local church for that area.
Thank you.

Local Church - Horsepool Bottom

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Tuesday, May 30, 2006, 08:12 (6554 days ago) @ Susan Bates

Abenhall would "probably" be the closest church

Local Church

by Maurice Teague @, Westbury on Severn, Wednesday, May 31, 2006, 01:06 (6553 days ago) @ Susan Bates

Horsepools is a hamlet/village between Gloucester and Stroud on the A4173.It is next door to Edge and not far from Harescombe.I am sorry I do not know the name of the church but it is nowhere near Abenhall as suggested by Slowhands.Abenhall is adjacent to Mitcheldean and about 15 miles from Horsepools.If I can identify the church name later I will let you know.
Happy searching.
Maurice

Local Church - Abenhall

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, May 31, 2006, 01:26 (6553 days ago) @ Maurice Teague

Maurice

There is a Horsepools Hill coming down from Stroud into Whaddon , Gloucester,

However there is also a Horsepool Bottom , near Shapridge / Abenhall, i.e. buried in the Forest - off the beaten track but I assure you its there !

http://www.old-maps.co.uk/
co ordinates 366750,216575

http://www.forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?mode=thread&id=605#p606

Sue

On 1871 Census at Horsepool Botom, East Dean, Edge Hill entries ( i.e. just down from Littledean Hill / Collafield) you G G parents

Tom Watts Haddock abt 1846 Monmouthshire, Wales Head East Dean Gloucestershire
Emma Haddock abt 1846 Long Hope, Gloucestershire, England Wife East Dean Gloucestershire
Emma Haddock abt 1871 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Daughter East Dean Gloucestershire
Tom Haddock abt 1870 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Son East Dean Gloucestershire
Richard Wm Marth (Meek?) abt 1866 East Dean, Gloucestershire, England Wifes Son East Dean

Abenhall HADDOCK christenings

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, May 31, 2006, 02:28 (6553 days ago) @ Susan Bates

Tom jnr is christened in Abenhall Dec 25th 1869
both Alice Harriet and Emma Elizabeth are christened on June 27th 1872 in Abenhall

then William Rollings on June 11th 1876 etc

RSS Feed of thread