BALDWIN Family (General)

by Jacqueline Stanford-Melville @, Wednesday, August 02, 2006, 05:14 (6499 days ago)

Hello all
I have a massive favour to ask anyone with BALDWIN connection, mainly from descendants of William BALDWIN and Hannah SMART. My GG grandfather was one of their sons Benjamin born 1833 along with James Baldwin, a brother who did rather well as a colliery manager. Benjamin migrated to Ruabon North Wales after 1876. James also had a 'well known' son Ivo BALDWIN and a daughter Gertrude who married John Hale. I would dearly love to know if there are any photographs of them (or any other close relatives) which I may obtain copies for my family tree. I would gladly pay for any to be produced.
Regards Jacky

Gertrude HALE (BALDWIN)

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Wednesday, August 02, 2006, 05:58 (6499 days ago) @ Jacqueline Stanford-Melville

We have a picture of Gertrude Hale (Baldwin) in the Photo Gallery in
Sam Hale's - Sawmill and Family Collection.
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/gallery/hale_sawmill/

You may also be interested in reading:

Early Days of Jim Hale
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/joomla/stories-and-articles Early_Days_of_Jim_Hale

History of the Hale Family
http://www.forest-of-dean.net/joomla/stories-and-articles History_of_the_Hale_Family

Ivo BALDWIN thread

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Wednesday, August 02, 2006, 20:44 (6499 days ago) @ Jacqueline Stanford-Melville

Ivo BALDWIN thread

by Jacqueline Stanford-Melville @, Thursday, August 03, 2006, 03:33 (6498 days ago) @ slowhands

Many thanks for your help. I have some info on this, after a few years and learning a little about 'The Forest'have aquired an old hand written family tree through a third party which with the help of the Parish Record transcripts I am now trying to confirm or amend the BALDWINS tree! What a task!!!
Jacky

Gertrude HALE (BALDWIN)

by Jacqueline Stanford-Melville @, Thursday, August 03, 2006, 03:35 (6498 days ago) @ admin

Many thanks for your info and help. I now find I am related to the whole of 'The Forest'!! As we all appear to be!
Jacky

BALDWIN Family

by turbo_chef, Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 05:15 (6444 days ago) @ Jacqueline Stanford-Melville

Hi

i have a William abt 1734 with a brother James abt 1720, the ones in my tree had the parents James Baldwin and sarah and i would be interested to know if it is the same family as in your post.

nigel

BALDWIN Family

by Roger Griffiths, Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 09:45 (6444 days ago) @ turbo_chef

I don't know if this Baldwin is one of yours. One of my Grandfathers brothers was Albert Griffiths of Blakeney 1882 - 1950. He married Elizabeth Baldwin in 1908, born 1887. She was still alive in 1954. Her father was licensee of The White Horse, Soudley.

Roger

BALDWIN Family

by turbo_chef, Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:23 (6444 days ago) @ Roger Griffiths

Hi

thanks for the reply i do not think it is one of mine at this stage but i will keep looking

nigel

RSS Feed of thread