WALL family of Ross on Wye & Ryeford BAPTISTS (Parish Records)

by kathg42 @, Saturday, August 10, 2013, 06:40 (3883 days ago)

My g x 2 g.father ESAU PALMER of Ross married MARY ANN WALL in the Broad St Ross Baptist Chapel 01.06.1841. I hold their BDMs.

I have the Par Reg entry for MARY ANN's father SAMUEL WALL's marriage to MARY LEWIS at Welsh Bicknor ...12.1806 & his DC 10.12.1857 in Ross AGED 78 as well as MARY LEWIS bap entry in Welsh Bicknor Par Reg 03.08.1790 & DC 17.03.1870 also in Ross aged 81 & both their (very detailed) wills.

In the 1980s I had tremendous help from Ryeford Baptist Church Sec Mr Elfed D Bevan who transcribed many of that church's records & sent me pages of same.

But he never found the bap of SAMUEL WALL c. 1779 in Ryeford nor of his father LEVI WALL C.1753 - nor did Hereford County Council.

Mr Bevan did find LEVI WALL's d 08.10.1800 aged 46 on his headstone at Ryeford & I have his m Licence to SOPHIA PRITCHARD 24.12.1778.

My question is:

Are there now records available from Ryeford Baptist Church? - and if so:

Could someone find the baps of SAMUEL WALL c.1779 & LEVI WALL c.1753 please?

WALL family of Ross on Wye & Ryeford BAPTISTS

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Saturday, August 10, 2013, 07:41 (3883 days ago) @ kathg42

Mr Bevan did find LEVI WALL's d 08.10.1800 aged 46 on his headstone at Ryeford & I have his m Licence to SOPHIA PRITCHARD 24.12.1778.

we have a few transcribed here including:-

Year: 1800
Month: Oct
Day: 9
Surname: WALL
Forenames: Levi
Residence: Ross
Age_at_death: 46
Officiating_Minister:
Event: Death
Cause_of_death:
Memoranda: husband of Sophia and father of Mary and Ann painter
Notes:
Register_Reference:
Page_No: 48
Parish_Chapel: Ryeford Baptist

Year: 1778
Month: Dec
Day: 24
Grooms_Surname: WALL
Grooms_Forenames: Levi
Grooms_Age:
Groom_Condition: Batchelor
Grooms_Occupation:
Grooms_Residence: this parish
Grooms_Fathers_Surname:
Grooms_Fathers_Forenames:
Grooms_Fathers_Occupation:
Brides_Surname: PRITCHARD
Brides_Forenames: Sophia
Brides_Age:
Brides_Condition: Spinster
Brides_Occupation:
Brides_Residence: this parish
Brides_Fathers_Surname:
Brides_Fathers_Forenames:
Brides_Fathers_Occupation:
Licence_or_Banns: Licence
Date_of_Banns:
Signature_or_Mark: both sign
Witness_1: William Davis
Witness_2: Mary Lewis
Other_Witnesses:
Officiating_Minister: W. Davis Curate
Event: Marriage
Memoranda:
Notes:
Register_Reference: AG39/10
Page_Number: 11
Parish_Chapel: Ross on Wye

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

Samuel WALL 1779 ?

by slowhands @, proud of his ancient Dean Forest roots, Saturday, August 10, 2013, 07:45 (3883 days ago) @ kathg42

My question is:

Are there now records available from Ryeford Baptist Church? - and if so:
[/color]
Could someone find the baps of SAMUEL WALL c.1779 & LEVI WALL c.1753 please?

1841 suggest he was from outside of Herefordshire - 1851 says Ross!

Samuel Wall abt 1800 Ross, Herefordshire
Mary Wall abt 1790 Ross, Herefordshire
John Pearce abt 1767 Ross, Herefordshire

Samuel Wall abt 1780 Ross, Herefordshire, England Head Ross, Herefordshire
May Wall abt 1792 Ross, Herefordshire, England Wife Ross, Herefordshire
Charles Henry Wall abt 1820 Ross, Herefordshire, England Visitor Ross, Herefordshire
Sarah Wall abt 1827 Preston, Lancashire, England Wife Ross, Herefordshire
Mary Ann Wall abt 1850 Preston, Lancashire, England Daughter Ross, Herefordshire
Emma Firth abt 1821 Worcestershire, England Daughter Ross, Herefordshire

Stoke Bliss is to the East of Ross towards the Malvern Hills

Name: Samuel Wall
Christening Date: 02 Nov 1779
Christening Place: STOKE BLISS,HEREFORD,ENGLAND
Birth Date:
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name:
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Elizabeth Wall

--
Ἀριστοτέλης A Gloster Boy in the Forest of Dean ><((((*>

WALL/PALMER

by m p griffiths @, Saturday, August 10, 2013, 13:43 (3883 days ago) @ slowhands

CLDS - give another 'child' of Elizabeth i.e. Edward - this website lists his family (inc PALMER) (William WALL 21 November 1840 married Lucy PALMER - 15 March 1844)

http://www.tombarnett.me.uk/Index.html

Click down to the heading: The Wall family

Samuel WALL 1779 ?

by kathg42 @, Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:35 (3876 days ago) @ slowhands

Thanks Slowhands. I've been laid up with a bug & too weary to reply to you before this. I am grateful for all that you and others do.
Kath

Samuel WALL - Will -

by m p griffiths @, Thursday, August 15, 2013, 17:14 (3878 days ago) @ kathg42

Kath has sent this from Levi WALL's Will dated 30 November 1855 - (died 10 December 1857) (a Painter & Shop owner of Ross) (complete Will send to Downloads)

Mary WALL - wife : £120 p.a. (payable by even quarterly payments for the term of her natural life)

Mary WALL - wife : Dwelling houses, garden, ground & premises in Ross now in my own occupation, furniture, books, plate, linen, china, glass, earthenware.

Robert Crawford SLADE - son-in-law, Newport, Monmouthshire, Accountant )
Thomas Cope POWELL - friend, of Ross, Draper ) - Trustees £13 each.
James Brock HIGGINS of Ross, Ironmonger

and all my money securities and sell and convert into money the rest of my estate. Garden ground stables workshops and other buildings and other buildings and premises in Ross comprising and including the house and garden in Kryle St. now occ. by William ROWBREE with a carpenter's shop (unoccupied) under the same roof also the house and stables in Kryle St. occupied by Edward FREEMAN and a stable in the same street also 4 houses in New St. and all the dwelling houses or tenements and erections in the square adjoining the street and garden ground attached to such tenements adjoining the gasworks also the house, garden salughter house and other buildings in or near Broad St. in the respective occupations of George PREECE. and my son in law Esau PALMER (the portion occupied by the latter being used as the tin shops and warehouses) late the property of my deceased father (Levi WALL d 1800) also the premises and purchases of Messrs Thomas & Robert BROOKS being those now in the respective occupation of the said Esau PALMER and myself and those late in the occupation of Henry SPENCER and the rest of my real esate wherever situated.

Above sold to provide money for: My five children

John Richard WALL - £1,000
Samuel Bennett WALL - £1,000
Mary Ann PALMER - £500 + certain powers of attorney?
Sophia SLADE - £532
Charles Henry WALL - £1,100
Mary Ann PALMER - stocks & securities?

children of Mary Ann PALMER

Mary Ann PALMER : Trust fund to be shared equally when the sons reach 21 and the daughters reach 21 or marry.

Witnesses: Edw. M DAVIS - Solicitor of Ross, Thomas WALWYN, Church St. Ross

signed in margin: R C SLADE, Thos Cope POWELL, C HOWELLS, Surrogate

Mary WALL - dau - 400 pounds

Samuel WALL - son - 1/3 of profits from trade

Sophia WALL - wife 2/3 ditto

If she marries again, son SAMUEL shall have the whole of the trade with the house, garden, and its' appurtenances - only paying her what was left to her by the Will of her father)

Mary WALL dau - 100 pounds more if her mother sees fit in the future.

Sophia WALL - appt sole executrix

Thomas WALL - appt guardian for my dau Mary

Thomas WALL - witness

Sarah RUDGE - witness

---

On the Forest of Dean records - at Ryford Baptist

Samuel & Mary WALL - have children (they are living in Ross)

John & Hester WALL - have children - (they were born in Kings Stanley)

Thomas & Ann WALL - have children, Elizabeth - 4 December 1805 & Thomas - 9 December 1802 - (they are living in Weston under Penyard).

---

Fod Records: Burial at Ryeford baptist - 3 December 1829 - Thomas WALL, residence: Hopemansell age 27 - son of Thomas & Ann WALL.

Burial at Ryeford baptist - 4 December 1805 - Thomas WALL, age 69 c1736 - residence: Hopemansell

and Burial at Ryford baptist - 18 April 1857 - Ann WALL age 76 c1781 - nee REYNOLDS, 2nd wife of Thomas WALL

---

On Public Members Tree - (and Parishmouse)

John WALL married Hester HAYWARD at Kings Stanley - 16 February 1801

---

??
Fod Records

Marriage at Weston Under Penyard - 12 November 1798

Thomas WALL a Widower of this Parish

married :

Ann COLLINS - Spinster, of this Parish

by Licence

witnesses: Lovi WALL (assume Levi) and Sophia WALL

and

Grooms Surname: illegible

forename: James - Batchelor

married

Elizabeth WALL - Spinster

witnesses: Sophia WALL

Samuel WALL - Will -

by kathg42 @, Saturday, August 17, 2013, 07:32 (3876 days ago) @ m p griffiths

Thanks for doing all that Marilyn. And what a great job was done by whoever transcribed all those records from the Ryeford Baptist Church - hats off to them! Thank goodness FoD FH extended the boundaries to include Ryeford & Weston under Penyard, the nearby town.

A sneaky gremlin put a typo in your posting of the will I sent; it is that of Samuel WALL d 10.12.1857.

His father Levi WALL d 09.10.1800.

thanks in awe

Kath

by flissie @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 13:59 (3199 days ago) @ kathg42

kathg42
i was thrilled to find your message on here and the replies.
Mary Ann WALL and Esau PALMER are also my 2xg grandparents. Their son Arthur Samuel Palmer came out to Australia and married Eleanor WELLS and their daughter Violet Maude PALMER is my maternal grandmother. I live in Australia. As this posting was a couple of years ago I am wondering if you 1. will receive this and 2. if you have more information by now?
My husband and I are leaving Australia at the end of July 2015 travelling to UK to do our own family history trail. We will be visiting Ross to pay respects to my ancestors there in August, so hope to have as much information as possible by then.
Would love to hear from you
Cheers
Flissie

by MPGriffiths @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 14:08 (3199 days ago) @ flissie

Click on the small envelope symbol next to kathg42 name - and send a personal message to Kath which will go to her email address.

RSS Feed of thread