Hayward's of Gloucetershire (Parish Records)

by alby65 @, Sunday, April 06, 2014, 21:54 (3665 days ago)

Me again, any help is always so much appreciated. Hopefully I wrote this all out that it makes sense;

This is what I know;

• John Hayward born 1689 – 1734 married an Elizabeth ? they had;
• Samuel born 1721 – 1797 married a Mary Parry born 1734 – they had the following children

• John born 1761 – 185 married Elizabeth Rowles 1760, than a Sarah “Hall” (not sure if maiden name or married name as they were both widowers at time of marriage)
• Sarah born 1758 – 1831
• Mary born 1757
• Samuel born 1765 – 1849 married a Sarah Taysum 1766 – 1845

1. Trying to determine if John 1689 and Elizabeth had any other children (some sites say a Joseph 1726, John 1719, William 1731, Anne 1734…not sure though)

2. John 1689 married Elizabeth around 1718, what is Elizabeth’s last name

3. John 1689 father is supposedly John, who is his mother?

Thanks, Allison

Hayward's of Gloucestershire

by ChrisW @, Monday, April 07, 2014, 22:32 (3664 days ago) @ alby65

Hi Allison

You have not given any indication as to where this family were from!

Could you narrow it down a bit please?

Regards
Chris

Hayward's of Gloucestershire

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 02:37 (3664 days ago) @ ChrisW

Evening Chris,
this post can be considered a continuation of this one, the Haywards were generally from the Arlingham/Broadoak side of the Severn, altho I cannot recall precisely where re these queries.
http://forum.forest-of-dean.net/index.php?id=42500
atb Jeff
(ps Hi again Alison, please don't forget to help us to help you wherever possible-please edit your post with a few more details, thanks).

Hayward's of Gloucetershire

by alby65 @, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 13:25 (3664 days ago) @ alby65

I have them all being born in the Gloucestershire area.

-Samuel b. 1721 - a death of 1797 in Westbury on Severn

-John b. 1761 in 1841 living in Arlingham and 1851 living on Church Street with his son Samuel and family

Hope this helps.

Allison

John HAYWARD - Arlingham

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 13:35 (3664 days ago) @ alby65

Will this help?

Ancestry - Gloucestershire Wills

John HAYWARD of Arlingham 13 September 1850 - will copy out

John HAYWARD - Arlingham - Will 30 Sept 185+

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 13:49 (3664 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Will of John HAYWARD - Arlingham

This is the last Will and Testament of me John HAYWARD of the Parish of Arlingham in the County of Gloucester, Yeoman.

First, I will that my just Debts, Funeral expenses and the expence of proving this my Will by paid by my exeuctor hereinafter named out my Estate.

I give and bequeath unto my Son Samuel HAYWARD all my real Estate consisting of Land, Tenements or (Dwelling Houses in the several occupations of my Son Samuel HAYWARD, William, Martin Thomas COVENTRY ROWLES and Samuel HAYWARD Junior and Barn and Stable in the occupation of Mefss HAYWARD, chargeable with the following Legacies.

I give and bequeath unto my son Joseph HAYWARD of Stroud ** the sum of Five Pounds also I give and bequeath unto my Grandson John HAYWARD of Arlingham the sum of Five Pounds. Also I give and bequeath unto my Son Samuel HAYWARD all my personal Estate, and I hereby appoint my Son Samuell HAYWARD my sole executor of this my last Will, revoking all former Wills by me made.

In Witnefs whereof I have to this my last Will and Testament, set my hand and seal this thirtieth day of September One Thousand eight hundred and Fifty ? (smudged)

John HAYWARD

Signed sealed and published by me John HAYWARD the Testator as for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who at his request and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as Witnefses

Henry MERRETT - Arlingham - Schoolmaster
Joseph FRYER - Arlingham - Innkeeper

----
*** 1841 Census Stroud ???

Joseph HAYWARD - 40 Shoemaker
Mary - 30
Sarah - 15

---

Fod Records

Thomas Coventry ROWLES married Mary Ann FENNEL at Arlingham - 9 May 1837

---

On the 1851 census next to Samuel HAYWARD in Church Street is Thomas C ROWLES and his family

Transcribed on Ancestry as: P W ROWLES - age 36 (Carpenter, born in Cheltenham)
Mary Ann - 39
Thomas - 10
Sarah - 8
Charles - 6
Emma - 4
George - 1
- 1 month

----

????? CLDS

Marriage at St Philip & St Jacob, Bristol - 1796

William ROW/Betty COVENTRY

Sarah HALL

by MPGriffiths @, Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 15:17 (3664 days ago) @ alby65

This could be Sarah HALL's husbands Will on Ancestry 1810 (Will date - 27 March 1813)

(Gloucestershire Burial Index CD - Sarah HAYWARD buried at Arlingham - 31 January 1830 aged 66)

William HALL - Arlingham

This is the last Will and Testament of me, William HALL of Horsecroft Gate in the Parish of Arlingham in the County of Gloucester, Yeoman, by which I dispose of my Wordly Estate as follows (that is to say) I Give devise and bequeath unto my dear Wife Sarah HALL All and Singular my Freehold Mefsuages, Gardens, Orchards, Closes, Land, Tenements, Hereditments and Real Estate whersoever situate, or over which I have any disposing Tower? And all and singular my personal Estate whatsoever and wheresoever. To Hold to her my said Wife Sarah HALL her Heirs Executors Adminstration and Afsizses for over, as and for her and their own absolute property, she paying thereout my just debts, funeral Expenses and the Charges of provint this my Will - An I do hereby make constitute and appoint the said Sarah my wife to be the whole and sole Exeuctrix of this my last Will and testament and do hereby revoke and make void all former Wills and Testaments by me made In Witnefs where of I the said William Hall the Testator, have to this my last Will and Testament set my Hand and Seal this Ninth day of February in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and tent.

Signed, Sealed, Published and declares by the said William HALL, the Testator as and for his last Will and Testament, in the presence of us, who at this Request and his presence, and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as Witnefses hereunto

William HALL

Thos. WATTS of Berkeley, Cordwainer
Elizabeth REYNOLDS, Servant to Mr Pearce Atty
Thos. PEARCE, of Berkeley, Attorney at Law.

Sarah HALL

by alby65 @, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 14:27 (3662 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Thank you so much, will look into all of this and see what pops-up! Anyone know where, if any, Broad oak records are?

Sarah HALL

by shepway @, Thursday, April 10, 2014, 14:51 (3662 days ago) @ alby65

Broadoak is between Westbury on Severn and Newnham. Would suggest you try those parishes.

Mike

RSS Feed of thread