thomas Morgan Thomas mar Mary Ann (Parish Records)

by patriciarawlings, Friday, July 17, 2015, 11:07 (3199 days ago)

I have Thomas Morgan Thomas marrying in Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire 9/11/1843. I think he could have been born in Breconshire, Wales about 1817. I am wondering if his father or parents were noted in the records for this marriage, where he was born and what his age or occupation was.
Any details on his wife would be appreciated also. His wife died and he emigrated to Australia with his children. Can anyone help give us a clue to where he came from and his family. Cheers from Australia. Pat

thomas Morgan Thomas mar Mary Ann

by shepway @, Friday, July 17, 2015, 14:31 (3199 days ago) @ patriciarawlings

Frampton on Severn is outside the Forest of Dean and it would appear that there is no Forest connection.
That said here are some findings:

From Glos BMD:
Groom Surname Groom Forename Bride Surname Bride Forename District Parish Building Year Register Entry
THOMAS Thomas Morgan WOOWARD Mary Ann Gloucester Frampton-on-Severn St Mary the Virgin 1843 20 No 1 40

The marriage record is available on Ancestry.
Date: 9 November 1843. Thomas Morgan THOMAS was resident of Chelsea, Middlesex at time of the marriage, his father is John and occupation is Sculptor.
Mary Anne Woodward is of full age and Spinster. Column for Father's name has a line through it which suggests that he is not known and that Mary Ann may have been born to a single mother.

This is possible baptism at Dursley, Gloucestershire
23 September 1817
Mary Ann daughter of Amelia Woodward, Single Woman of Dursley

The following is from the 1851 Census:House Number Given Name Surname Relationship Age Estimated Birth Year Gender Birth Place
224 Thomas Thomas Head 37 1814 Male South Wales, Brecon
224 Mary Ann Thomas Wife 32 1819 Female Dursley, Gloucestershire, England
224 William Thomas Son 4 1847 Male Aston, Warwickshire, England
224 John Thomas Son 2 1849 Male Aston, Warwickshire, England
224 Benjamin Thomas Son 2 Mo 1851 Male Aston, Warwickshire, England

This suggest that Thomas is from Brecon. Given the information we have the following is a possible baptism
Name: Thomas Thomas
Baptism Date: 6 Apr 1813
Baptism Place: Llanafanfawr,Brecon,Wales
Father: John Thomas
Mother: Mary

There is a family tree on Ancestry: http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/79707481

Mike

RSS Feed of thread