St Michael & All Angels, Micheldean transcript by L Perry (General)

by vrobinson, Thursday, July 28, 2016, 23:07 (2821 days ago)

Can any one tell me the whereabouts of the transcript "St Michael & All Angels, Micheldean burial register 1759-1836" by Len Perry. There is a copy of the book in my local library but the last few pages are missing, the W's. I contacted the Gloucestershire Record Office and the curator there suggested I contact Forest of Dean FHS, as Len Perry did other transcripts for them.
Vivian Robinson

St Michael & All Angels, Micheldean transcript by L Perry

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Friday, July 29, 2016, 08:35 (2821 days ago) @ vrobinson

This sentence is taken from the About Us page on this site:
"A year or so later things were not going well for the RFODFHS and they no longer had a Editor to put together their Journal. It was not long after the RFODFHS disbanded. All the material they held was given the GFHS and the name of the society deregistered."
RFODFHS = Royal Forest of Dean Family History Society.
GFHS = Gloucestershire Family History Society.

GFHS have a Family History Centre on the site of Gloucestershire Archives. Details on this webpage: http://bit.ly/2avlbGr

If you are looking for a burial a transcript of the register is included in the Parish Register database.

St Michael & All Angels, Micheldean transcript by L Perry

by anthonyworgan @, Saturday, August 13, 2016, 13:01 (2806 days ago) @ vrobinson

I have a bound transcript of the Mitcheldean burial register 1759-1837 transcribed by Len Perry which I purchased from him many years ago. The last three pages start at number 729 with Symmonds & end on that page with number 780 Walcraft, next page number 781 another Walcraft, followed by Walden, Waren, Webb, Welch, Weeldon, White, Wilcox, Wilks, Willocks, Williams, Wilson, & Wintle names. Last page starts with number 833 Wintle, Worgan & Wyesam names - page ends on number 849 Young.

If there is a problem with obtaining the desired register, I will gladly scan these pages & email them to you. This wonderful site will pass on my email address to you in the usual way.

PS: I have fond memories of the late Len Perry & his wife Megan who once sent me a lovely Christmas card with herself in the uniform of a member of the Sealed Knot Society with the caption, 'My husband calls me Sir, what does yours call you'. I treasure the card as it still makes me chuckle whenever I look at it.

RSS Feed of thread