Thomas southwood/ southward/ southard (General)

by philrmoon11, Friday, August 26, 2016, 02:32 (2799 days ago)

Hi can any one help if access to Gloucestershire records to find a Thomas, birth 1797 st Mary, redcliff, bristol,to identify the parents and any other siblings please

Thomas southwood/ southward/ southard, b1797 Bristol.

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Friday, August 26, 2016, 14:24 (2798 days ago) @ philrmoon11

As in the past I recommend you try the LDS aka Family Search website as a starter. As well as having a world-wide database, this free-access site is very good at automatically-offering spelling variants when the surname isn't known for certain, as in this case.

Good luck !

https://familysearch.org/search/

Thomas southwood/ southward/ southard, b1797 Bristol.

by philrmoon11, Friday, August 26, 2016, 15:58 (2798 days ago) @ Jefff

Hi Geoff, have tried the family search site, no luck,an email I had from the Bristol records office said they had found a bapt of Thomas southwood to a Thomas and love southwood 1797 st Mary redcliff, bristol, and suggested to me using a forum like the forest of Dean just may turn up someone who had the Bristol marriages, baptisms, and death records by chance or know something,

Thomas southard moved to whitchurch and with his wife and family, he had 2 children with them when they moved to doward hill and then had 4 more, but his wife Mary Ann died 1843, so he moved away leaving just a son Thomas behind ( my great great grandfather),

Thomas and married in Bristol 1828 to a widow mary Ann altree ( formerly pain ),

1851 thomas is shown as a widower,born in Bristol ?? a shoemaker as he was in 1841,

1861 he is back in Bristol, a widower and a shoemaker,shown as born in Bristol ??

Can't find him after that 1871 census or any death record ???,

Regards anybody that could possibly help

Thomas southwood/ southward/ southard

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Friday, August 26, 2016, 14:52 (2798 days ago) @ philrmoon11

The Parish Records for Bristol and South Gloucestershire are not held at Gloucester Archives but at Bristol Record Office. The Bristol and Avon Family History Society have a number of CD's etc containing transcripts and it would appear that St Mary Redcliffe Bristol Baptisms for the period are included in a CD details of which are on this webpage:
http://www.bafhs.org.uk/shop-1/cds-and-dvds/178-baptismal-registers-volumes-1-to-7

RSS Feed of thread