Ivy Brain and Redvers Marfell (General)

by grahamc ⌂ @, West Oxfordshire, UK, Sunday, December 11, 2016, 17:30 (2692 days ago)

Can anyone confirm if Ivy and Redvers (marriage registered FoD, Dec Qtr 1939) had a child John G. Marfell or any other children?

Thanks in advance for any help on this
Graham

Ivy Brain and Redvers Marfell

by admin ⌂, Forest of Dean, Sunday, December 11, 2016, 17:54 (2692 days ago) @ grahamc

John G Marfell was NOT a son of Redvers Marfell and Ivy Brian.
We would also remind you of this site's policy on seeking persons who may still be alive. See Posting Guidelines.
Admin

by jimashton @, Saturday, March 11, 2017, 17:46 (2602 days ago) @ grahamc

Hi Graham

Sorry not to have replied sooner, my interest has waned but I have had a couple of email enquiries lately which caused me to check the F o D site.

I have no children recorded for Redvers Sidney Marfell & Ivy Marjorie Brain. If you have an interest in Redvers; have you seen the window in Hope Mansell Church dedicated to him. I can let you have a copy of a picture of this and his gravestone if of any use.

I have a record of every Marfell BMD from 1837 until around 2004, the only John G Marfell around this time was 2nd qtr 1946 Ross 6a 923. In my own tree I have this as a son of Orlando John Marfell and Marjorie Fanny Brain.

Although not on UK BMD there is a John Guy Marfell born in New Zealand abt. 1940 but I don't expect there is a connection with your enquiry !!

Jim Ashton

by Tosdev91, Sunday, June 23, 2019, 15:25 (1768 days ago) @ jimashton

Hi Jim,

I am just starting to build my family tree and wondered how much information you had on Orlando Marfell and if he had a daughter called Ann?
Kind Regards

Andy

by MPGriffiths @, Sunday, June 23, 2019, 16:41 (1768 days ago) @ Tosdev91

If your Orlanda John MARFELL was born 22 July 1901, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire

(who married Marjorie Fanny BRAIN - 20 December 1932, Twigworth, Gloucestershire)

parents: John MARFELL 1871-1942 and Minnie Maria BRAIN - 1875-1959

This tree is on Public Members Tree on Ancestry

by Tosdev91, Sunday, June 23, 2019, 16:58 (1768 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Excellent thank you for that, stuggling to find information about Orlando Marfelll’s children, he had a daughter named Ann.

by MPGriffiths @, Sunday, June 23, 2019, 17:31 (1768 days ago) @ Tosdev91

I am not sure the guidelines are re : People who could be still living.

If you use the Website

FreeBMD (search births) and put in MARFELL and mother's maiden name BRAIN - you fill find what you are looking for, but I haven't quoted the information.

by Jefff @, West London, Middlesex, Sunday, June 23, 2019, 17:57 (1768 days ago) @ MPGriffiths

Regarding births from the FreeBMD site, sometimes additional information (eg full second names) may be found by searching the same record with the GlosBMD site. Unfortunately, since the website was modified a few years ago you now have to know the year of birth of the record you're searching for, so cannot search as easly as with FreeBMD; however as it searches eather side of the inputted year, with patience and trial n error this obstacle can be overcome.
http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/bmd/MainMenu.aspx

by MPGriffiths @, Sunday, June 23, 2019, 18:12 (1768 days ago) @ Jefff

In the case in question, the children were registered in Ross, Herefordshire - hence quoting the FreeBMD website.

Later Electoral Register on Ancestry confirms correct mother/daughter living together.

RSS Feed of thread